SB Fold vs 3Bet Not All In

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

SB Fold vs 3Bet Not All In

Postby Marc0p010 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:27 am

Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to write this statistic, but have been unable to. Please help. Maybe I am just thinking about it the wrong way, but what I am trying to quantify is the percentage the SB Folds when facing a PF(also from F, T, T, and R) 3Bet from BB Hero, when the 3Bet is not all in. All I have really is

[ Total Times Player Folded to 3Bet on (PF/F/T/R) / Total Times Faced 3Bet on (PF/F/T/R) ] * 100

which is just the basic Fold to 3Bet, but it does not include player position from SB, hero position from BB, and the fact that the 3Bet is not an all in bet.
Can any one shed some light on how I can write this stat? I would greatly appreciate it.
Marc0p010

Re: SB Fold vs 3Bet Not All In

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:33 am

Marc0p010 wrote:Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to write this statistic, but have been unable to.

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for further details.
Marc0p010 wrote:but it does not include player position from SB,

To create a specific statistic for the small blind that would require new columns with the addition of cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 although for an existing statistic you can specify the players position in the HUD using the "Item Properties" tab at the top right of the HUD Profile Editor window. Select the stat you wish to configure and scroll down to where it says "Position". You can also create your own positional popup.
Marc0p010 wrote:hero position from BB

PT4 doesn't have "vs hero" stats built in but there is a thread here on this topic.
Marc0p010 wrote:and the fact that the 3Bet is not an all in bet.

In a custom column you can compare the size of the 3Bet faced (amt_x_3bet_facing where x is the street) to the players effective stack (amt_x_effective_stack). Bear in mind that the amount faced is the amount the player needs to call so you'd need to add the size of the players 2Bet (amt_x_raise_made) to the size of the raise faced before comparing.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Marc0p010 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. I really want to learn how to create my own custom stats, so I am currently studying in detail the sections that you shared with me. From what I understand, if I want to create a stat that finds the percentage of times the SB Folds to a 3Bet that is not all in, I first need to create the 2 columns that make up the stat. According to the example given on the PreFlop Fold Limp, in the first column I have to place either:

"How often the SB Folds after placing a 2Bet" or
"How often the SB Folds to a 3bet not all in after having placed a 2bet"

I think its the second one, but if I'm wrong please let me know. Then the other column I need to count the opportunities, which will be:

"How often SB faced a 3bet not all in after having placed a 2bet, giving the SB the opportunity to fold", which is the column that will count my actions

Again, if i'm wrong please let me know, because I noticed that I can also say how often the SB faced a 3bet not all in after having open raised, instead of calling a 2 bet. but I will stick with the 2bet, so I come up the expression:

"(cnt_p_3Bet_nai_def_action_fold / nt_p_3Bet_nai_def_opp_after_2Bet) * 100,

I don't know if that is correct, what do you guys think?
Marc0p010

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Marc0p010 wrote:so I come up the expression:

"(cnt_p_3Bet_nai_def_action_fold / nt_p_3Bet_nai_def_opp_after_2Bet) * 100,

I don't know if that is correct, what do you guys think?

What are the expressions you are using within those columns? The names of the columns themselves don't influence what's being counted.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles