HUD profile restore problem

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD profile restore problem

Postby Rebellz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Hello, I formatted yesterday, I'm having troubles restoring a HUD that I have modified, I did the standard restore, overwriting everything, however the hud is the standard one, not the one I've updated.
Before the format I also did a backup of the whole pokertracker folder, the one in user/appdata/local, I've tried to manually switch hudprofiles.pt4 from there but it didn't work, but then I tried to put the whole folder in my laptop to see if it could work and the hud is showing there, but i'm not sure it's 100% cool to do that on my main PC, it doesn't feel very clean, so my questions:

1) Am I doing something wrong with the backup/restore? Why is the hud not updated?
2) Should I just copy all the backup folder I have and be ok with that or maybe switch only some specific file (i'm not sure wich one tho).

Thanks
Rebellz

Re: HUD profile restore problem

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:45 am

When restoring make sure 'User Data Files' is enabled under 'Optional Files' although that will not help if it wasn't enabled when you did the original backup. If you want to restore things from your manually copied folder then I recommend just replacing the entire contents of the 'Data' folder. Also HUD profiles are stored in the 'Layouts.pt4' file so just replacing 'HudProfiles.pt4' will not work.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles