Custom Stat Help - Squeeze <50% actual stack

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom Stat Help - Squeeze <50% actual stack

Postby pocarr24 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:43 am

Can you please help me with creating this custom stat? I'd like to find the percentage of the time a player squeezes to a size that is less than 50% of their actual stack, essentially removing all-in or effectively all-in squeezes.
pocarr24

Re: Custom Stat Help - Squeeze <50% actual stack

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:17 pm

When a players squeezes less than 50% of their stack the following would be true:

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze and (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / 2))

If you need it see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough.
Flag_Hippo

Postby pocarr24 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:When a players squeezes less than 50% of their stack the following would be true:

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze and (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / 2))

If you need it see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough.

Thank you. Will this work if I create it for cash and then convert to tournament stat?
pocarr24

Postby pocarr24 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:14 pm

I am struggling. I copy/pasted what you put and made it a column for cash, named "sqznai". I then made a new cash stat with the definition "sqznai". Options-->Convert to tournament stat.

I get this error when trying to use:

I have attached the tourney stat and image of error as above doesn't seem to be working.
Attachments
sqz.zip
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
pocarr24

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:27 am

1. The expression I gave needs to go inside a sum(if[, 1, 0]) statement - see the second page in the guide I linked you to. While it was originally written for PokerTracker 3 the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4.

2. You need two columns for the statistic - one that counts how often the player squeezes with less than 50% of their stack and another that counts how often they have the opportunity to squeeze. When you have the two columns you create the custom statistic in this format to calculate the percentages from the columns:

Code: Select all
(a / b) * 100

where 'a' and 'b' are your custom column names.

3. You can use the default column for the opportunities (cnt_p_squeeze_opp) although you may want to create a custom column where you can set a minimum amount of BB's for the player so opportunities are not counted when they have a small stack (and add that to the actions column). You can use:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before which is the players stack at the beginning of the hand

or

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack which is the effective stack and for each player it is determined at their first action in the hand and it's the amount they could lose in a pot as of that first action in the hand so you can use this to exclude situations where the player had a large stack but the remaining players in the hand were short stacked.

These reference the players actual stack/effective stack in chips so to convert to BB's you will need to divide by tourney_blinds.amt_bb.

4. While it doesn't affect functionality for you custom column names I suggest following the default conventions (see this post in the guide) so use something like cnt_p_squeeze_nai for your actions column instead of what you are using (sqznai).

pocarr24 wrote:Will this work if I create it for cash and then convert to tournament stat?

Yes or you can just change all instances of 'cash' to tourney when creating it:

Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / 2))
, 1, 0])
Flag_Hippo

Postby pocarr24 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm

Got it, thank you very much for the detailed write up.
pocarr24

Postby pocarr24 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:54 am

I added that the effective stack is >40bb, but this seems to be only factoring in one of the players. If a 20bb stack opens and a 40bb stack flats, it counts this. Is there a way to say that all players that have VPIP'd in front need to have 40bb+?

I've attached my current stat.
Attachments
SQZnAI (5.0) 40+.pt4stat.zip
(649 Bytes) Downloaded 26 times
pocarr24

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:29 pm

The effective stack is based on the most you can lose in the hand at the time of your first action, so short stacks do not affect that.
I'm not aware a way to do what you want. It may be possible with a more advanced sub-query, but that is beyond my PostgreSQL knowledge.
WhiteRider

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles