Seeing villain hole cars + hand range in various spots?

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Seeing villain hole cars + hand range in various spots?

Postby Daganstein » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:27 am

Hey, there—I've figured out how to identify what a global population of villain hole cards are in various spots, but is there any way to evaluate what they are besides scrolling through a list of hands?

For instance, I'd like to know what the average player in my pool is shoving with pre-flop.

> Run Hand Report

> Filters
> Add News Expressions Filters
> UNCHECK filter on Active Player

>More Filters...
>Actions + Opportunties
>PF
>PF Raises
>Toggle PF raised all-in

> Filter out hands where Player is HERO (add player is hero, make it NOT)

Now I have the data I want, but what do I do to evaluate this range of hands? For instance in this case, there's a ton of great hands (obviously) but also some weak holdings. I'd like to construct a global range to inform borderline in-game decisions like calling all-ins with non-premium made hands. I know how to do that with a range + equity calculator, but how do I determine what the villain range is besides manually evaluating these hands?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.22.13 AM.png
Daganstein

Re: Seeing villain hole cars + hand range in various spots?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:58 am

You could do a similar thing with an 'All Players' report, but remove the player name stat and add the Hole Cards stat instead. That will group the population by starting hand instead of by player, so you get a count of each starting hand in the situation you define.
You may also want to filter for 'saw showdown', otherwise you'll have a lot of hands where you do not know the hole cards (although when grouping by starting hands that would put all of those in a single line, so it may not be too bad).
WhiteRider

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles