#vpip# expression not working when analyzing river play

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

#vpip# expression not working when analyzing river play

Postby Jackntigger » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to do player pool analysis based on VPIP but it's not working when I add in any action on the river. I'm doing this in an All PLayers Report.
For example:
When I put in the expression filter - #VPIP# < 31, I get about 2.5 million hands in an all player report. Including about 700k of my own hands since I have a vpip of less than 31. When I remove that expression and then use ordinary filters to specify some river action, lets say: Folded River Folded to Bet, then I get 68k hands including 9K of my own hands.
When I attempt to combine the two filters - Folded River Folded to Bet with the expression filter - #VPIP# < 31 (I have these combined in two different spots, one as an expression filter and the other as an ordinary filter), I end up with 3k hands and none of my own hands show up. I should have way more than 3k hands when I combine these two filters and I would expect all of my hands should show up as well.
What am I doing wrong?
Jackntigger

Re: #vpip# expression not working when analyzing river play

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:23 am

If you add the VPIP statistic to your report you will see how it changes when you apply different filters. #VPIP# is a very simple expression filter that only queries the VPIP in the current/filtered dataset and when you are filtering for 'Folded River Folded to Bet' your VPIP in that sample of hands will be at or close to 100%. If you want to query lifetime statistics on filtered data then that is going to require an expression filter with a subquery:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing > 0 and lookup_actions_r.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)' and player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( sum(cc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) - sum(cc.cnt_walks)) < .31)))

For more on how SELECT works see here. For a tournament report just substitute 'cash' with 'tourney'. Bear in mind that filters like this can generate a lot of PostgreSQL processing so can take a while to complete if you have a large database and/or your database is not on an SSD. Furthermore if built-in filters are also being used then you might not get any results at all so make sure to put everything you want within the expression filter as in my example above.
Flag_Hippo

Re: #vpip# expression not working when analyzing river play

Postby Jackntigger » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Thank you. This solved my issue.
Jackntigger

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles