Custom stat: Position (x) fold to Position (y) 3bet

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom stat: Position (x) fold to Position (y) 3bet

Postby ICSTBIYE » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to build positional 3bet stats. I need to specify who is the 3bettor and who the player folding is.
I would really appreciate it if you could help me create the value expression and the columns needed.

So for example let's say I want the following value expression:
(cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold "when sb open raised and bb 3bet" / cnt_p_3bet_def_opp "when sb open raised and bb 3bet") * 100

What would the required expressions be for those 2 columns?

Please correct me if this isn't the correct way to get these stats.

Thank you
ICSTBIYE

Re: Custom stat: Position (x) fold to Position (y) 3bet

Postby ICSTBIYE » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:20 am

Just to be clear, I'm looking for the FOLD TO PF 3BET AFTER RAISE version of this.
ICSTBIYE

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:29 am

You can specify the position of the player 3Betting by adding:

Code: Select all
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1) ::int = x

to the column expression where 'x' is the position of the 3Bettor.

You can specify the position of the player the statistic is written for (the 2bettor in this case) by adding:

cash_hand_player_statistics.position = x

to the column expression where 'x' is the players position. Alternatively if this is just for use in the HUD then you don't need to do this and can just specify the positions in the HUD Profile Editor or automatically in a positional popup which will reduce the total number of columns/statistics you would need to build.

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ICSTBIYE » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 am

Thank you. It was actually for both reports and the HUD.

Not sure I follow you on the HUD. If I just create a positional popup for the Fold to 3bet %, isn't it just going to be the overall stat by position?

For example I'm not looking to display BTN's overall fold to 3b, which includes his folds vs both sb and bb.
I want to be able to differentiate and display btn vs sb fold to 3b, and btn vs bb fold to 3b.
ICSTBIYE

Postby ICSTBIYE » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 am

I'm getting invalid SQL statements.
Could you tell me exactly what the column expressions need to look like?

Assuming this is right to begin with?:
(cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold "when sb open raised and bb 3bet" / cnt_p_3bet_def_opp "when sb open raised and bb 3bet") * 100

This is what I've tried for SB fold to BB 3bet:

Numerator part:
cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_when_open_raised
cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 9
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1) ::int = 8

Denominator part:
cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_when_open_raised
cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 9
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1) ::int = 8
ICSTBIYE

Postby ICSTBIYE » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Tried something else that I found. Why don't these statements work (CO fold to BTN 3bet)?

cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_btn_vs_co_open

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_2bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '810%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '1%' and cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 1 and cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'F', 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_btn_vs_co_open

[code]sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg
ICSTBIYE

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:18 pm

ICSTBIYE wrote:Not sure I follow you on the HUD. If I just create a positional popup for the Fold to 3bet %, isn't it just going to be the overall stat by position?

Create the columns/statistics for the positions where the 3Bets are coming from and you can then edit those in the HUD Profile editor or add them to a positional popup to add positional information for the other player.
ICSTBIYE wrote:I'm getting invalid SQL statements.
Could you tell me exactly what the column expressions need to look like?

They need to be inside a sum(if[, 1, 0]) statement which you seem to have figured out now.
ICSTBIYE wrote:Tried something else that I found. Why don't these statements work (CO fold to BTN 3bet)?

cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_btn_vs_co_open

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_2bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '810%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '1%' and cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 1 and cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'F', 1, 0])

You have added cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_2bet but that doesn't exist in the PokerTracker 4 database schema. If a player makes the first raise in a hand then cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise is true but something like that isn't required here anyway because this expression already includes the position of the player which matches the second character in the aggressors string therefore they must have been the 2bettor.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ICSTBIYE » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
I made a few of them and it seems to work.

Cheers
ICSTBIYE

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles