Difference?

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Difference?

Postby DJSpinThat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 am

Q1. is there something similar to the PT3 schema documentation where i can look to see what a specific column does what? like a glossary of sorts? it would be very helpful
Q2. I was looking on the Schema but didn't find any info on char_length, what does this do? The reason why i ask is because i have a

"bet turn in limped pot stat"

and i was told that char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 specifies that it was a limped pot,

Q3. but also NOT(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) specifies that it was a limped pot. (or im just wrong about this and also have to add more columns like flg_p_limp?

i have two stats:

1. Bet Turn (limp pot)
(cnt_t_bet_limp_pot / cnt_t_open_opp_limp_pot) * 100

cnt_t_bet_limp_pot:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND
NOT(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and lookup_actions_f.action='X', 1, 0])

cnt_t_open_opp_limp_pot:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp AND
not(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and lookup_actions_f.action='X', 1, 0])

2. Bet Turn (limp pot) (Copy)
(cnt_t_bet_limp_pot_copy / cnt_t_open_opp_limp_pot_copy) * 100

cnt_t_bet_limp_pot_copy:
sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X', 1, 0])

cnt_t_open_opp_limp_pot_copy:
sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X', 1, 0])

But i noticed that the first stat seems to capture more opportunities compared to the second.
Q4. so which stat is correct/more accurate? because whichever one you use you should have the same values
DJSpinThat

Re: Difference?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:45 am

DJSpinThat wrote:Q1. is there something similar to the PT3 schema documentation where i can look to see what a specific column does what? like a glossary of sorts? it would be very helpful

The database schema and columns are not the same thing. If you want to view the description of a column then you can do that in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Statistics -> Columns', selecting the relevant column and reading the 'Description' field. If you want more information about the database schema (the information used to build columns) then there isn't any PokerTracker 4 schema documentation but the meaning of database fields with the same names haven't changed in any significant way from PokerTracker 3. Also forum member 'Bininu' made their own schema document for PokerTracker 4 available in this thread.
DJSpinThat wrote:Q2. I was looking on the Schema but didn't find any info on char_length, what does this do?

char_length is testing how many characters are in a given string e.g. the aggressors string. This post has information on how the actors and aggressors strings work. This thread and this thread discuss how you can compare/test the strings.
DJSpinThat wrote:Q3. but also NOT(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) specifies that it was a limped pot.

No it does not. Anything using tourney_hand_player_statistics is specific to that player so if the player didn't face a raise that doesn't mean it was a limped pot because they could've raised themselves.
DJSpinThat wrote:Q4. so which stat is correct/more accurate? because whichever one you use you should have the same values

char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 is more accurate as per the answer to Q3.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles