delay cbet and barrel riv

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

delay cbet and barrel riv

Postby DJSpinThat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 am

I'm i missing something? its not registering after checking an example. i did rebuild custom cache.

3H, BU MR, SB fold, i call BB, x/BU xB flop, x/BU bet turn, BB call, x/BU bet riv, BB fold.

Fold to Riv DB after calling Turn Delay CBet

(cnt_r_def_action_fold_delaycbetDBriv / cnt_r_def_opp_delaycbetDBriv) * 100

cnt_r_def_action_fold_delaycbetDBriv:
Number of times a player folded to a riv DB after calling a turn delayed cbet

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing > 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_opp AND lookup_actions_f.action='X' AND lookup_actions_t.action SIMILAR TO 'C|XC' and lookup_actions_r.action SIMILAR TO 'F|XF', 1, 0])

cnt_r_def_opp_delaycbetDBriv:
Number of times a player faced a riv DB after calling a turn delayed cbet
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing > 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_opp AND lookup_actions_f.action='X' AND lookup_actions_t.action SIMILAR TO 'C|XC', 1, 0])

Thank you.
Attachments
Fold to Riv DB after calling Turn Delay Cbet.pt4stat.zip
(980 Bytes) Downloaded 18 times
DJSpinThat

Re: delay cbet and barrel riv

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

The flop isn't a CBet opportunity for the BB as they were not the preflop aggressor.
Flag_Hippo

Postby DJSpinThat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:39 pm

ok i removed it.

what expression can i use to specify that the bet on turn (and also the riv) came from the preflop raiser?

it is counting the the time when the turn bet was a probe and i don't want that.
DJSpinThat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:33 am

DJSpinThat wrote:what expression can i use to specify that the bet on turn (and also the riv) came from the preflop raiser?

Code: Select all
char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 2 and substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t from 1 for 1)::int = substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from '.$')::int and substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_r from 1 for 1)::int = substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from '.$')::int

This post has information on how the actors and aggressors strings work while this thread and this thread discuss how you can compare/test the strings.
Flag_Hippo

Postby DJSpinThat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:43 am

ok, i read through everything.

Q1. To make it easily understandable, if you were to explain this in words so i know what condition comes from what section in the formula (please correct me or word it easier),

so in our example, we want to specify the condition that the bet on the turn (and riv) came from the preflop raiser:

(char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 2 means:

"There were 2 agg actions preflop, a raise and call,"

and substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t from 1 for 1)::int = substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from '.$')::int

tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t::
" and the one that made the agg action on the turn,

(from 1 for 1 )
was from the first aggressor on the turn (the first person to make the agg action on the turn)"

= substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from '.$')::int

and this character is the same character that made the agg action preflop.....?

Q2 what does " from '.$' " mean?

Q3 so as an example,

(char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 would mean

there was 3 agg actions preflop, a raise (2bet), a call of the 2bet, and a RR (3bet)// or, a limp, raise(2bet), and a RR(3bet) ?

[Q4 (just to clarify, since char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 means limped pot, would be more precise to say "there was one agg action made preflop and it was voluntarily putting in the amount of the big blind into the pot]

and substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t from 2 for 1)::int = substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from '.$')::int would mean

the character that made the agg action on the turn was the one that made the second agg action (2bet) on the flop?

(from 3 for 1 would then mean the one that made the third agg action (the 3bet) preflop?)

SInce my example has few players and few actions and they are all 2, its hard to know what each number is referring to,
(delay cbet and barrel river,
-2players in the pot
-2actions pre, (raise and call)
-2 streets where a bet was made (turn and riv)

It would also help clarify if you provided a few diff examples that use this expression.

(char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 2, or (=2?) and another with 3, that uses substrings so we can compare them to better understand which section in the formula is specific to what condition we want in the stat we are making.)

Appreciate the help.
DJSpinThat

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm

1. Yes, you basically have it all right. Some of your text was mis-formatted, but it seems like you've understood.
However:

(char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 2 means:
"There were 2 agg actions preflop, a raise and call,"

Not quite. This expression only says tha there were at least two aggressive actions preflop. Preflop the BB counts as the "bet" so is one of the aggressors, so there was at least one raise as well.

2. "from '.$' means the last character of the string. Since this is the last character of the preflop aggressors string, that is the position of the preflop aggressor.

3. See (1). Aggressive actions are only bets and raises (and posting the BB preflop). Calls are not included in the aggressors string (but are in the actors string).
If there were 3 (or more) aggressive actions that was the BB, a 2bet and a 3bet.

4. Yes.

substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t from 2 for 1)::int = substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from '.$')::int
..would mean the character that made the agg action on the turn was the one that made the second agg action (2bet) on the flop?

Yes.

Usually the "char_length" tests are only there to make sure that there are enough characters in the string to make something like:
substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_t from 2 for 1)
..valid. If you try to check the second character but there isn't a second character then that would give you undefined data and can lead to errors.
That said, you can also use it to purely determine whether there was 2-bet, 3-bet, etc.
WhiteRider

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles