Custom Stats blinds war

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom Stats blinds war

Postby OneKef » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:54 am

Hi, it's been a while since I've played with custom stats.
I quickly tried to create a statistic in a bvb situation:
SB openraise>BB 3Bet>SB 4Bet
Something seems wrong to me, is this correct?
We don't care about the name of the columns I guess, do we? :D

cnt_p_3bet_vs_sb_2bet_TEST_4BET_VS_BB_3BET =
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '8989%', 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_opp_vs_sb_2bet_TEST_4bet_vs_BB =
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_opp and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '8989%', 1, 0])

Definition =
(cnt_p_3bet_vs_sb_2bet_TEST_4BET_VS_BB_3BET / cnt_p_3bet_opp_vs_sb_2bet_TEST_4bet_vs_BB)*100

Thank you very much!
OneKef

Re: Custom Stats blinds war

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:15 pm

1. Your opportunities column is only going to count hands when the SB actually 4bets because it's still specified in the aggressors string (tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '8989%').

2. You haven't specified it's an SB open raise.

3. Finally you haven't said the active player is the SB in the columns and since flg_p_4bet will be true if any player 4bets+ then the columns might count hands from the BB which presumably you don't want.

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '8989%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%', 1, 0])

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_opp and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '898%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%', 1, 0])
Flag_Hippo

Postby OneKef » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Right, I forgot more than one thing, always a thousand thanks Hippo!
OneKef

Postby OneKef » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:13 am

I hope it's not a bad thing to continue in thread.
Trying to isolate:
SB complete>BB Check Back>SB check/fold
Is it possible that it's fine just like that?
tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' AND lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF'

But how do I handle the opportunity column?
:heart:
OneKef

Postby OneKef » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:58 am

Could it be ok like this?

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' AND lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1 , 0 ] )

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9, 1 , 0 ] )

I tested them and they seem to work, I don't want to forget something.
OneKef

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:02 am

OneKef wrote:sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' AND lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1 , 0 ] )

The actors string would be just '9' in this case since the SB is the only player VPIPing although since you have specified their only preflop action is 'C' then it will not count any hands where the BB raises anyway....
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9, 1 , 0 ] )

however you haven't made any of those specifications here so your opportunities column is going to hands where the BB raises the SB preflop which you do not want. The two columns need to be identical except for what the SB does on the flop.
Flag_Hippo

Postby OneKef » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:19 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:The actors string would be just '9' in this case since the SB is the only player VPIPing although since you have specified their only preflop action is 'C' then it will not count any hands where the BB raises anyway....

Hi Hippo, isn't that what I did with ''LIKE 9%'' ?
I have a doubt that I shouldn't enter ''LIKE'' and/or enter anything else (in case I haven't entered that their only preflop action is ''C'')
OneKef

Postby OneKef » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:53 am

Would it be okay like this?

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C'
AND lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1 , 0 ] )

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' , 1 , 0 ] )

I want to create the same stats for the Turn too, but when the flop goes x/x (SB complete>BB check Back>Flop Check-Check>Turn SB check/Fold), In this case in the opportunity column I will need to insert everything I have in the first string except what SB will do on the Turn?
OneKef

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:20 am

OneKef wrote:isn't that what I did with ''LIKE 9%'' ?

With tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' it means that the SB was the first player to VPIP but with the % symbol then anything happening after that would also be counted e.g. if the preflop actors string was '98' or '989' or '9898' or '98989' although in this case it doesn't matter since you've specified the SB only called preflop (lookup_actions_p.action = 'C'). For more information on pattern matching in PostgreSQL see this guide.
OneKef wrote:sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9 AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' , 1 , 0 ] )

You haven't included anything about the flop in your opportunities column. In the actions column you've specified that the SB check-folded the flop but you haven't included any information about facing a flop bet in the opportunities column (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0).
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles