Player Pool - facing c bet by bet size stats

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Player Pool - facing c bet by bet size stats

Postby AJ10 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it (my apologies!)...

I'm trying to run a report to evaluate how my player pool responds to facing c bets (flop, turn and river) of varying sizes (25-40% of pot, 45-55% of pot, 60-75% of pot, over-bets, etc.). I could share all the things I've done wrong, but that seems like a waste of your time. Do you have any guidance to how I can create that report?

Thank you in advance!
AJ10

Re: Player Pool - facing c bet by bet size stats

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:12 am

That would require a custom statistic that groups hands by the size of Cbet faced - see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. If you also search for 'Size' in 'Configure -> Statistics' all the results will be grouping stats and you can see how these types of statistics are built based on the examples there. Bear in mind that when building a statistic that is based on the size of bet faced as a percentage of the pot then that is the pot odds and the bet amount is included. So, for example, if a player bets $10 into a $10 pot then the bet faced by the other player is now 50% of the pot (10/20). This definition is necessary in order to distinguish between situations where a bet has been in called or not between the bettor and the player as that changes the pot odds.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Player Pool - facing c bet by bet size stats

Postby AJ10 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:44 pm

This was very helpful - thank you! Really appreciate you reminding me that the bet size faced is calculated with the percentage of the size of pot plus the bet amount (silly I guess, but I had indeed been viewing it from the perspective of the bettor rather than that of the player facing the bet) - much appreciated!
AJ10

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles