float flop and float turn pool leak please help

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

float flop and float turn pool leak please help

Postby akotzen24 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:20 am

Hi everyone this is my first post! So i noticed a huge leak in my pool with a tendency to float the flop and then float the turn. And also float turn then proceed to float river. I just started trying to create my own stat for this and spent a few hours trying to create this stat and i just cannot get it to work. Would somebody please be so kind as to help me to create this stat. Hopefully I can learn from this and get better at creating my own stats. This stat would also be super useful in 3bp. Again I read through some of the previous tutorials on here on how to create custom stats and I tried for hours but just couldn't get it.I look forward to sharing new cool ideas for custom stats, I have a whole list! Thank you so much guys! I can also pay somebody if they want to talk on the phone and help tutor me.
akotzen24

Re: float flop and float turn pool leak please help

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:07 am

akotzen24 wrote:So i noticed a huge leak in my pool with a tendency to float the flop and then float the turn. And also float turn then proceed to float river.

Based on the definition of a float in PokerTracker 4 (a bet in position after the player who could have made a continuation bet failed to do so) it's not possible for a player to float more than one street. If you need help with creating these statistics based on your definition of a float then please describe what needs to happen in more detail.
akotzen24 wrote:I just started trying to create my own stat for this and spent a few hours trying to create this stat and i just cannot get it to work.

If you post what you have created so far along with a definition of what you want then we can give guidance on how to proceed.
Flag_Hippo

Postby akotzen24 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:24 am

So by float flop float turn I mean when opponent floated the flop and then bet the turn again when checked to. Here is what i have so far:

This is for the column sum( if[ flg_f_float AND flg_t_float , 1 , 0 ] )

and this is for the definition

(flg_f_float + flg_t_float) * 100
akotzen24

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:17 am

akotzen24 wrote:So by float flop float turn I mean when opponent floated the flop and then bet the turn again when checked to. Here is what i have so far:

This is for the column sum( if[ flg_f_float AND flg_t_float , 1 , 0 ] )

Based on the definition of a float in PokerTracker 4 a player cannot float the flop and turn in a single hand so you will need to test for the player floating the flop and then betting the turn (and presumably for this not facing a raise on the flop either). Also flg_f_float does not exist in the database schema but you can use the expression from the cnt_f_float column to test for that:

cnt_t_bet_after_float_flop
Code: Select all
sum(if[ (lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' OR lookup_actions_p.action = 'CC') AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2 AND ((cash_hand_summary.cnt_players > 2 AND substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position) OR (cash_hand_summary.cnt_players = 2 AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position)) AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND NOT cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_face_raise, 1, 0])

You also need a second column to test for how often the player has the opportunity to bet the turn after floating the flop and for that you can use the same expression but just replace cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp with cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet.

Also bear in mind in multiway hands the preflop aggressor might fold and a different player call the flop (who could be IP or OOP relative to the floater) so if you don't want to count those hands then you would need to add additional tests to the column expressions or just specify that there were only two players on the flop (cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2). If you want to add the additional tests that is done using the actors and aggressors strings - see this post. This thread and this thread have more information on how you can compare/test the strings

akotzen24 wrote:and this is for the definition

(flg_f_float + flg_t_float) * 100

I don't know what you are trying to do here by adding two things together and multiplying by 100. For most statistics you would want to calculate a percentage which would be in this format:

(a / b) * 100

where a and b are your custom column names. For example:

(cnt_t_bet_after_float_flop / cnt_t_bet_after_float_flop_opp) * 100
Flag_Hippo

Postby akotzen24 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 am

Thank you so much for all your help. So in regards to this column :

sum(if[ (lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' OR lookup_actions_p.action = 'CC') AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2 AND ((cash_hand_summary.cnt_players > 2 AND substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position) OR (cash_hand_summary.cnt_players = 2 AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position)) AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND NOT cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_face_raise, 1, 0])

Can you please walk me through what everything means here so i can try to learn and do it myself next time.
akotzen24

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:47 am

akotzen24 wrote:Thank you so much for all your help. So in regards to this column :

Can you please walk me through what everything means here so i can try to learn and do it myself next time.

The first part of the expression in red is for how often a player floats the flop and that was copy/pasted from the existing column for that in PokerTracker 4 called 'cnt_f_float' and then the second part in blue is what was added to that (betting the turn and not facing a raise on the flop). If you want further information we have not published the schema like we did for PokerTracker 3 however the meaning of database fields haven't changed in any significant way. Also forum member 'Bininu' made their own schema document for PokerTracker 4 available in this thread.

With regards to the part of the expression I've highlighted in bold this post has information on how the aggressors (and actros) string work while this thread and this thread discuss how you can compare/test the strings which is what is being done here to ensure that the position of aggressor preflop is higher than the position of the caller so that only hands are counted in which the caller will be in position relative to the aggressor postflop.
Flag_Hippo

Postby akotzen24 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:02 am

Again thank you so much for all your help. Would you mind showing me how you would add in here if the player has position or is out of position. Obviously in this example it would not work but for instance if you wanted to see how many times a player bet the turn after raising a flop c bet(and to see whether or not he has position on the turn). I can pay you also if you want to tutor me in private sessions via zoom or on the phone.
akotzen24

Postby akotzen24 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:32 am

Also for some reason this stat will not show up in my hud when i try to search for it. I applied and saved everything plus added all categories so not sure why its not showing up. Ok nevermind i think i figured it out it was because I was in hand category and not players.
akotzen24

Postby akotzen24 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 am

ok so update i copied your column in player category and not hand category and now it says invalid expression.
akotzen24

Postby akotzen24 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:01 am

UPDATE I DID IT!!!!!!!
akotzen24

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles