REG FISH RATIO

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

REG FISH RATIO

Postby vaflesneks » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:48 pm

hi there,

i would like to create a report to find out what the fish and reg ratio is. I am wondering, is it possible to do it in one single report? Or should i make 2 reports, one for finding regulars and one for fishes ? I do not want to enter nicknames, I just need to use statistics for example regular VPIP or something like that. But how then i should identify fish? (everything is on SPIN GO, BTN limp identifies fishes, but what else can i add?)
vaflesneks

Re: REG FISH RATIO

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:22 am

Create an 'All Players' report:

Guide: Creating My Reports

Note the number of players and add the statistics you want to see. If you want to filter by VPIP then add the VPIP statistic and then use an expression filter:

Code: Select all
#VPIP# > 45

This will filter players with a VPIP higher than 45. You can change the value and/or operators accordingly depending on what you want and when the filter is applied note the number of players and work out your ratio. You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters'. If you want to see how many players have limped the BTN then you can use a built-in filter for that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby vaflesneks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:44 am

hi there, thank you for reply, but this "#VPIP# > 45" shows the VPIP of that actual day, so for example if a regular had a good run and played many hands it will be shown as fish. Am i right?
vaflesneks

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:08 am

This simple filter uses the value displayed in the report so you will need to remove the filter for the specific day if you want to filter on lifetime statistics. If you are restricting the data in the report but still want to filter on a players lifetime statistics then that would require a more complex expression filter with a subquery - see this post for an example.
Flag_Hippo

Postby vaflesneks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:49 am

I do want to use filter to see reg/fish ratio on a certain day (NOT a lifetime). How can I achieve that?

I wonder is it possible to filter out those players, who LIMPED from the button? because now, i try to use quick filter, but it gives me wrong results - if ever player played for example a bit like a regular, then it is treated as regular, but that player is fish for example, and I do not want to have it on my player list, since he/she/it has LIMP from the button.

I try to use quick filter as follow:
https://gyazo.com/718f13733bd0d335b3a2d4c724dda30b
vaflesneks

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:33 pm

vaflesneks wrote:I do want to use filter to see reg/fish ratio on a certain day (NOT a lifetime). How can I achieve that?

If you are filtering for a specific day such as day of the week or a specific date but then want to additionally filter for who a "reg" or a "fish" is based on their on lifetime statistics such as VPIP then that is what I covered in my previous reply. If that's not what you are trying to do give more specific details.
vaflesneks wrote:I wonder is it possible to filter out those players, who LIMPED from the button? because now, i try to use quick filter, but it gives me wrong results - if ever player played for example a bit like a regular, then it is treated as regular, but that player is fish for example, and I do not want to have it on my player list, since he/she/it has LIMP from the button.

Built-in filters are not suitable for this. As it would be for VPIP you will need to do that with an expression filter using a subquery but since there isn't a built-in statistic for limping the BTN you will need to create it and then query those custom columns in the expression filter.
Flag_Hippo

Postby vaflesneks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:08 pm

Yes I am filtering certain day. For example today, yesterday , I want to be able to filter any day of the week, any date. But the problem is that using VPIP is not enough, because for example, some regular players, can have good run and play more hands, than they play normally, so their VPIP might become higher, than their normal VPIP and it could show for example that one regular had 50% VPIP, another one 45% etc. maybe there is some more variables i could add to filter who a "reg" or "fish" is?

appreciate your replies
vaflesneks

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:55 am

vaflesneks wrote:Yes I am filtering certain day. For example today, yesterday , I want to be able to filter any day of the week, any date. But the problem is that using VPIP is not enough, because for example, some regular players, can have good run and play more hands, than they play normally, so their VPIP might become higher, than their normal VPIP

I have been trying to tell you that the expression filter in the post I linked you to would apply to their lifetime statistics or their "normal VPIP" as you say here so it doesn't matter what a players VPIP was on the specific day you are filtering for. If you haven't read that thread the relevant part of the filter you need to use is this:

player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, tourney_cache tc where p.id_player = tc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( sum(tc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(tc.cnt_hands) - sum(tc.cnt_walks)) < .31)))

That is filtering for players with a VPIP of less than 31 over all their hands. You can edit the operators/values accordingly or add/use different columns if you don't want to use VPIP. Bear in mind that filters like this can generate a lot of PostgreSQL processing so can take a while to complete if you have a large database and/or your database is not on an SSD. Furthermore if built-in filters are also being used (for a specific day for example) then the query is likely to not finish and you will not get any results at all so make sure to put everything you want to filter for within the expression filter itself and DO NOT use any built-in filters alongside this expression.
Flag_Hippo

Postby leviathan74 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:15 pm

Ok, here's the problem I have. I am trying to do population analysis by dividing the player pool according to a few stat filters. So for example, I want to see the collective stats of all people who VPIP more than 25 but less than 38, who 3bet more than 8% and for whom I have more than a 1000 hands against.

if I go and make an all players report with these parameters I can have it relatively fast in less than a minute. That is, I get a list of with each player who fits these criteria along with their individual stats and at the bottom, I get the collective stats of that group.

My problem is that I want to see their collective data based on stack depths. So I don't want to see any player's name, I just want their collective stats using according to stack depth filtered by the stats parameters I defined above. But if I remove the player stat and replace it with a custom stat I 've made about stack depth, the report craps out, it doesn't work.

I tried using the expression formula you posted above exactly as you posted it in order to see if it works. Alas, it doesn't.

player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, tourney_cache tc where p.id_player = tc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( sum(tc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(tc.cnt_hands) - sum(tc.cnt_walks)) < .31)))

Right now, I have had it running for 25 minutes and it doesn't return any results. I 've seen another player in a similar thread who tried this and had the same problem and you told him to file a ticket. I am not interested in doing that.

I do know there's an alternative way that makes the report actually work. Basically you take the players name that fit your criteria and you create a filtered list of their collective stats on the report you want, like so:

player.player_name = 'player1' OR player.player_name = 'player2'OR player.player_name = 'player3'

As you can imagine, while this works, it's very time consuming, if you want to insert each specific name into the player.player_name=" " code.

So I am thinking I can export the first player report, take the column with the list of usernames and then do this automatically. The automatic part eludes me however. Any ideas?

Thanks
leviathan74

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:48 am

leviathan74 wrote:So I am thinking I can export the first player report, take the column with the list of usernames and then do this automatically. The automatic part eludes me however. Any ideas?

While this would be possible I am not aware of any examples and this kind of automation isn't something I know anything about unfortunately.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles