Custom Rakeback Stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom Rakeback Stat

Postby timhuntley93 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:24 pm

I've been toying with the idea of building a rakeback stat for the site I play on for a while and was wondering if it would even be possible. Every stake has a different rake structure and there is a bad beat drop that's taken when the pot hits 10bb which doesn't count towards my rakeback (and the amount also changes based on stakes). To further complicate matters with 3 players or less the rake cap is reduced and the bad beat drop isn't taken. I realize that's a ton of variables and I'm not super optimistic that they can all be accounted for, but I appreciate any feedback on the subject.
timhuntley93

Re: Custom Rakeback Stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:07 am

The rake and BBJ would already be accounted for in each hand so you would just need a rakeback statistic based on whatever your deal is. There are a variety of rakeback custom statistics in our Custom Stat Warehouse and you can tweak the values if the calculations don't match yours exactly.
Flag_Hippo

Postby timhuntley93 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Hey I really appreciate how helpful you guys are on these forums, unfortunately I didn't find a working rakeback stat there. The first rakeback stat looked like what I need but it's built for PT3 and it gave me an error trying to import it into PT4. Are you sure about the bad beat being accounted for automatically? All my reports simply show it as rake. I've been reading through the statistic creation tutorial and tried putting together a couple things, so far I've tried
Code: Select all
if[lookup_limit_desc=1 and amt_rake_player<.50,amt_rake_player*.30, 0]

and

If lookup_limit_desc=1 AND amt_rake_player<.50, amt_rake_player*.30 or if lookup_limit_desc=1 AND amt_rake_player>.74, (amt_rake_player-.25)*.30

Obviously these are far from complete but I'm just trying to work out the concepts. The first stat was modified from the tutorial but comes back as invalid, and the second stat comes back as valid but breaks in a report. These are supposed to be 30% rakeback for .50/1 and account for a .25 BBJ drop once the pot is 10/rake is .50. Am I at least headed in the right direction with either of these?
timhuntley93

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:52 am

I see a few possible stats when I search for 'rakeback' and filter for PT4. One of those should give you a starting point. (Most PT3 stats will work but some which use specific database tables, like that rakeback stat, won't work.)

Bad Beat contributions should be stored separate from rake, although it is possible that that may vary by site if your site does not specify the BBJ separately from rake which may mean that it isn't recorded separately.
If you open a Support Ticket and attach an original hand history file including a hand with a BBJ (and tell us the hand number please) then we'll be able to check that for you.
You can seen BBJ amounts by adding the 'Game Currency Jackpot' stat to a hand report.

If the calculation is different for each stake then you can't do this purely in a stat; you will need to make a new column.
Without knowing which type of "rake" calculation your deal is based on I can't say exactly which columns you should base your new column on, but if it were based on the rake weighted by how much you contributed for example, then you can do something like this:

sum( (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl / cash_hand_summary.amt_pot) * if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00, 0.3 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, 0 ] )

This will only calculate it where the big blind is 1.00.
To extend that you could replace the "0" at the end with further nested IF statements for other stakes.
WhiteRider

Postby timhuntley93 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:59 pm

Ty that seems to get me headed in the right direction, I have

(cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl / cash_hand_summary.amt_pot) * if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and (amt_rake<.5 or cash_hand_summary.cnt_players<4), 0.3 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, 0]

working now. However, putting "sum" at the beginning gives me an error. If it's relevant I'm making a stat for hands, not players, and the summary type is "sum." Also, I checked the Game Currency Jackpot stat and it appears it is not tracked individually for me.

I can't seem to get nested if statements working though. If I could get an example of what I have above nested with

(cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl / cash_hand_summary.amt_pot) * if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and amt_rake>.74, 0.3 * (cash_hand_summary.amt_rake-.25), 0]

I think I'd be able to get it from there. Thanks for the help :D

Edit: I'm currently waiting on a rep to tell me their method of accounting for rake but I think I'll be able to sort the rest out on my own if they don't use weighted contributed rake.
timhuntley93

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:19 am

You are correct that if you are making a Hand stat then you don't need the "sum" around it. You would need that if you were to make a Player stat.

This is the simple version of nesting the IF statements for the different multipliers. I haven't included the additional checks here, for simplicity:

(cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl / cash_hand_summary.amt_pot) * if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00, 0.3 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 2.00, 0.4 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, 0 ] ]

If you need to include the rake amount in the tests then you need to use the full database name (not another column name*), so like this:
(* This is more important with Player stats, and likely won't make a difference for Hand stats, but it's good practice)
(cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl / cash_hand_summary.amt_pot) * if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and cash_hand_summary.amt_rake < 0.5 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, 0.3 * cash_hand_summary.amt_rake, if[ cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and cash_hand_summary.amt_rake > 0.74, 0.3 * (cash_hand_summary.amt_rake - 0.25), 0 ] ]

I notice that this expression does not include when rake is between 0.5 and 0.74, so will not produce any results in that range, so you will need to make sure that the calculations cover all of the possible situations.
WhiteRider

Postby timhuntley93 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Thank you so much, everytime I've needed support for pokertracker you guys have been on top of it and I want to say that it's very much appreciated.

Edit: And I just noticed the bit at the bottom about rake between 0.5 and 0.74, at first I was thinking I wouldn't have any due to .25 being taken at 10bb but forgot to account for short handed games where the BBJ isn't taken, thank you for pointing this out
timhuntley93

Postby timhuntley93 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:21 pm

One last theoretical question for you guys, I was originally intending on sharing this in the stat warehouse but am having second thoughts due to rakeback deals being widely varied on PokerBros and the back end of this stat being pretty intense. My finished product wound up being

if[ lookup_sites.id_site=4700 and cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and (amt_rake<.5 or cash_hand_summary.cnt_players<4), cash_hand_summary.amt_rake * ( (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_won +  amt_bet_ttl)  / (amt_pot - cash_hand_summary.amt_rake))* 0.3, if[ lookup_sites.id_site=4700 and amt_won>0 and cash_limit.amt_bb = 1.00 and amt_rake>.74 and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players>3, (cash_hand_summary.amt_rake * ( (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_won +  amt_bet_ttl)  / (amt_pot - cash_hand_summary.amt_rake))-.25)* 0.3, 0]]

and I've decided to go the route of building one column for every stake and combining them in the stat. (after some more thought I realized pots with rake amounts if .5-.74 should be accounted for by the (amt_rake<.5 or cash_hand_summary.cnt_players<4) boolean given pots with that rake amount will only occur when there's less than 4 players.) Would it be possible for me to set the rakeback percentage to a variable that could be adjusted to make this more user friendly if I were to share it?
timhuntley93

Postby timhuntley93 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Alright well I thought I had it working but adding "lookup_sites.id_site=4700" resulted in the picture attached. With it removed everything functions as intended. I can go without the site ID if need be as this is the only place I'm currently playing but I'm curious to know what's causing it and if it could easily be fixed.
Attachments
PT4 Stat.png
timhuntley93

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:04 am

timhuntley93 wrote:Would it be possible for me to set the rakeback percentage to a variable that could be adjusted to make this more user friendly if I were to share it?

That's not possible and the percentage would need to be manually changed.
timhuntley93 wrote:Alright well I thought I had it working but adding "lookup_sites.id_site=4700" resulted in the picture attached. With it removed everything functions as intended. I can go without the site ID if need be as this is the only place I'm currently playing but I'm curious to know what's causing it and if it could easily be fixed.

I don't know what would be causing that in your custom report. Please zip/compress your screenshot, your exported custom report (export it via the grey HDD icon) and a sample of hands and attach that file to a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles