Fold to T Bet after Cbet & call flop issue

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fold to T Bet after Cbet & call flop issue

Postby PFortune » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:30 pm

I tried to create the stat:
Fold to T Bet after Cbet & call flop

Definition:
(cnt_t_f_after_cb_call_flop / cnt_t_face_bet_after_cb_call_flop_opp) * 100

For cnt_t_f_after_cb_call_flop I used
sum(if
[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet and lookup_actions_f.action = 'BC' and (lookup_actions_t.action ='F' or lookup_actions_t.action ='XF'),
1, 0])

For cnt_t_face_bet_after_cb_call_flop_opp I used
sum(if
[
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet
and lookup_actions_f.action = 'BC'
and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0,
1, 0
])

So far every time this happens the top column works fine but the bottom reads zero.

Doe amt_t_bet_facing not apply to the person the stat is for?
PFortune

Re: Fold to T Bet after Cbet & call flop issue

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:36 am

PFortune wrote:So far every time this happens the top column works fine but the bottom reads zero.

I don't see any issue with that column so try rebuilding the custom cache if you're seeing strange values via 'Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild'.
PFortune wrote:Doe amt_t_bet_facing not apply to the person the stat is for?

Anything that uses tourney_hand_player_statistics is specific to the player you are writing the statistic for. I would also recommend adding tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0 to the first column as well as without it that column could count calls against raises which could happen in multiway hands. Finally in multiway hands if you want to specify that the turn bet came from the same player who raised the flop then you would need to use the flop/turn aggressors & actors strings to determine that. This post has information on how the actors and aggressors strings work while this thread and this thread discuss how you can compare/test the strings. Alternatively you can just specify that the flop or turn only had two players and not account for multiway hands at all.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Matt21 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:47 am

I found this stat in custom stat, I played a hand HU where bb check-raised flop and bet on turn but stat doesn't show up. I get 0 result

Stat is: Check Fold to T Bet After CBet & Call Flop

Many thanks
Matt21

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:31 am

If a player check-raised on the flop then that does not match the behaviour suggested by that stat's name. The name implies that a player would have to CBet and then call the flop.

--
On a side note; one thing to be aware of if you are testing stat values using the Hud in the Replayer is that by default stat values are based on hands played BEFORE the hand being replayed (because those are the stats you would have had when playing the hand originally).
This means that if you replay the hand that you expect to generate a stat value, then by default that hand will not be included in the stats.
To include the current hand in the stats shown by the Hud you would need to turn off 'Hud stat values at time of hand' in the Replayer's Option button menu.
If you are checking stat values in reports then that does not apply.
WhiteRider

Postby Matt21 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:13 am

WhiteRider wrote:If a player check-raised on the flop then that does not match the behaviour suggested by that stat's name. The name implies that a player would have to CBet and then call the flop.

Exactly, I was wrong. Many thanks
Matt21

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles