Call shoves

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Call shoves

Postby TrollKentWolf » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:26 am

Hello,playing spins and need to roughly understand the ranges of opp`s open shoves(for most of players there are no more than 20 hands) by their TOTAL PFR and Eff. Stack.
Added an expression filter #Hands#<6000 to remove myself from the pool.By adding #PFR#,i see total steals from BTN and SB at a certain PFR.
PFR=50.png
PFR=50.png (5.12 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

The problem appears when I add any filter from "More Filters". Even just a filter "players between 2 and 2" makes the analysis meaningless, because in heads up,PFR that we set in the expression filters have completely different players with completely different TOTAL PFR. The same with the effective stack filter.Btw how is eff. stack counts in 3-max,if we are on the BTN?And in general only those who entered the game are taken into account?
Further still need to filter these steals from BTN/SB by all-in`s..
As I understand,this can only be done manually by dividing the number of hands when we "Raised Allin preflop/the number of hands when we was on BTN/SB+Raised First In". And then this number multiply to % of the total steal to get the final % of the shove range?
TrollKentWolf

Re: Call shoves

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:21 am

Filtering changes the data so if you want to look at a players total PFR stat in relation to other specific factors then you can create custom statistics to calculate and display that data directly in your report. There is an 'Open Shove' custom statistic in the Download Warehouse you can use as a basis for new custom statistics. For example you can duplicate the information from this statistic and add expressions for specific stack sizes, positions, steals and/or number of players - this post shows how to create a custom statistic by stack size. For further information this guide covers the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide goes into more detail. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4.
TrollKentWolf wrote:Btw how is eff. stack counts in 3-max,if we are on the BTN?And in general only those who entered the game are taken into account?

The effective stack for each player is determined at their first action in the hand and it's the amount they could potentially lose in a pot as of their first action in the hand so for 3 handed play there are two potential effective stack sizes (assuming unequal stacks). If the BTN has the largest stack then their effective stack is determined by whoever has the largest stack between the SB and BB. If the BTN does not have the largest stack then the BTNs effective stack is their actual stack size.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Call shoves

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:46 am

Seems like i`ll need to extrapolate data as i did with VPIP from previous topic,since in trial version custom stats cannot be imported.Definition of eff. stack is logical.Thanks.
TrollKentWolf

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles