2 bet preflop + fold IP / OOP

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

2 bet preflop + fold IP / OOP

Postby jayme1987 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:19 pm

Im trying to create a custom statitistic and im having some issues. i want to be able to see how often someone 2 bet preflop then folded IP and OOP, i have looked through the walkthrough but im not especially good with the code. I can see i can duplicate for example 2 bet preflop would be raise first in (is that corrrect)

So the line im getting for Raise first in is sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

Now how do i go about adding fold flop IP for example using a valid expression?

fold to flop cbet expression is like this (cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100 so how do i go about adding those together as a valid expression? (also am i correct its fold to flop cbet and not fold 2 flop bet as i want fold IP)

I tried adding the two together but im just lost, the walktrhough is somewhat good but still lost in pt4 compared to pt3 walkthrough and the expressions/values are confusing me.

Thanks for the time to read this and possibly help. regards, jamie
jayme1987

Re: 2 bet preflop + fold IP / OOP

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:32 am

jayme1987 wrote:Im trying to create a custom statitistic and im having some issues. i want to be able to see how often someone 2 bet preflop then folded IP and OOP

What type of folds do you want count? Check folds? Folds after cbetting and facing a raise? Both? There is a built-in statistic called 'Fold to F Float Bet' which is defined as:
PokerTracker 4 wrote:Percentage of the time that a player as preflop aggressor folded to a bet when another player bet in position after the preflop aggressor had a chance to continuation bet but did not do so in a singly raised pot.

If the player is in position then they can only fold on the flop to a bet if the other player donk bets out of position. There is a statistic for that called 'Fold to F Donk Bet':
PokerTracker 4 wrote:Percentage of the time that a player folds on the flop when another player made a bet out of position before the preflop raiser had a chance to act.

Bear in mind that this statistic is not specific to 2Bet pots.

If the flop checks around with the preflop raiser in position then there is a statistic called 'Fold to T Probe Bet' which counts how often they fold to the bet on the turn:

PokerTracker 4 wrote:Percentage of the time that a player folded to a bet on the turn before he could act after having a chance to continuation bet on the flop and checking instead.

This again is not specific to 2Bet pots.
jayme1987 wrote:I can see i can duplicate for example 2 bet preflop would be raise first in (is that corrrect)
So the line im getting for Raise first in is sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

It depends exactly what you want. You could use that as a basis for a custom statistic but it doesn't count every 2Bet pot. This only counts hands where the player raised first in so it wouldn't count any hands where there were limpers. Also this column doesn't discount the player from facing 3bets or making 4bets preflop. If you want to restrict a column to only count 2bet pots you can use:

Code: Select all
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2

jayme1987 wrote:fold to flop cbet expression is like this (cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100 so how do i go about adding those together as a valid expression? (also am i correct its fold to flop cbet and not fold 2 flop bet as i want fold IP)

If the player is the preflop aggressor then they wouldn't be facing a cbet so using expressions from those columns wouldn't be suitable.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles