Hand strength and sizing on the flop

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Hand strength and sizing on the flop

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 08, 2023 2:04 pm

You mean sample gonna be smaller or percantage gonna be lower ? Of course I understand It will take into account only hands with showdown so we know hand strenght but when there is not showdown it will not go into statistic right ?
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 08, 2023 2:25 pm

it is still giving very wrong output even for hero.

here is stat definition
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 562 times

here is the output. So according to this stat hero is betting 40 to 60% pot with strong hand in 8% and less than 34% of pot with strong hand also in 8% of time
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (12.73 KiB) Viewed 562 times
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue May 09, 2023 5:31 am

griffith_white wrote:it is still giving very wrong output even for hero.

Why is it wrong? Your denominator is currently based on ALL flop bets regardless of the players hand strength. If you want something else you will need to use a new denominator but that depends on exactly what you would like to see. For example:

(40% pot flop bets with hand xyz) / (all flop bets) * 100

will give different results to:

(40% pot flop bets with hand xyz) / (all flop bets with hand xyz) * 100
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Tue May 09, 2023 2:44 pm

Well they are wrong. How can strong hand be for both sizings 8% ? If i bet bigger with strong hands and smaller with weaker hands than small bet should have smaller strong hand percentage right ? I think it is set right. So I want to know from all bets of this sizing hero made how many of them have strong hands in it and how many of them are bluffs or weaker holding.
I made exact same pop up in holdem manager and in hand2note and results here are very different. So if all bets on the flop = 100% and if I set test for top pair or better or combo draw for 40 to 60% bet results should be over 20% . Because everytime hero have strong hand on the flop this is his sizing. It can not be 8%. It should be over 20%. Look at the same set up in for example hand2note.
[attachment=0]Screenshot_5.png[/attachment}
And this is the settings.

I am not sure how to set it up properly ? Can I make stat from the scratch using notecaddy ? Maybe that will be more precise ?
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 534 times
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Tue May 09, 2023 3:22 pm

Alright I got it. I figured it out on my own. I need to add test for bet sizing in cnt_f_bet as well. So then I divide tested for hand strenght on flop bet for specific sizing against all flop bets made with same sizing( so not all flop bets made) now I finallly have precise result.
Thank you very much for all your help.
Tanaaaaa
[attachment=0]Screenshot_8.png[/attachment}
Attachments
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_8.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 531 times
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Tue May 09, 2023 6:38 pm

My stat is now working perfectly for hero but I am not totally confident it is working for other players. Is stat gonna calculate only hands with showdown or not ? Because if I am dividing with all situations where that sizing happend I am not sure do I have to specify that there was showdown ? I am not sure am I clear so for example player bet 40% of pot 10 times but there is only one showdown and player had straight on the flop so is stat gonna turn 100% or 10% ? If it is gonna turn 10% than is there a way to code also that there must be showdown?
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 10, 2023 4:51 am

griffith_white wrote:My stat is now working perfectly for hero but I am not totally confident it is working for other players.

It's not going to work the same for other players as their flop hand strength isn't going to be known in all of those hands.
griffith_white wrote:Is stat gonna calculate only hands with showdown or not ?

No.
griffith_white wrote:I am not sure am I clear so for example player bet 40% of pot 10 times but there is only one showdown and player had straight on the flop so is stat gonna turn 100% or 10% ?

It will be 10% as their hand strength isn't known in the other 9 hands.
griffith_white wrote:If it is gonna turn 10% than is there a way to code also that there must be showdown?

You can specify it with:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown

but bear in mind that the data will be skewed towards only those hands that reached showdown.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Wed May 10, 2023 5:27 am

Yes that is what I wish. So if the player made 4 showdowns where he had strong hand in 2 I wish stat to show 50% for strong hand. All other instances where he did same bet but did not show cards should not be calculated. So do I need to include showdown stat in both stats? the one testing for hand strenght(or in that one he is assuming there must be showdown?) and in one testing for flop bets with specific sizing? So handstrenght40%bet / betflop40%bet. I assume I need to add it only in second one?
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Wed May 10, 2023 12:46 pm

I think everything is working but I have some bug. I tried to rebuild cache and do all housekeeping stuff in database but with same output. For some reason I am getting same number on flop and on the turn and we can see that it is calculated correctly 3/13 so it should be 23% not sure why is it showing 10, same value like on the flop stat where we have 2/20 so 10 is correct number.
Attachments
Screenshot_12.png
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_11.png (44.99 KiB) Viewed 504 times
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 10, 2023 1:31 pm

griffith_white wrote:I assume I need to add it only in second one?

That would be fine for villains but if you do not add it to the first column then it will inflate Heros numbers.
griffith_white wrote:I think everything is working but I have some bug. I tried to rebuild cache and do all housekeeping stuff in database but with same output. For some reason I am getting same number on flop and on the turn and we can see that it is calculated correctly 3/13 so it should be 23% not sure why is it showing 10, same value like on the flop stat where we have 2/20 so 10 is correct number.

Please export and attach both of these custom statistics to a Support Ticket along with your support bundle and screenshots:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles