Hand strength and sizing on the flop

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand strength and sizing on the flop

Postby griffith_white » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm

So I want to include hand strength and sizing into a stat. For example if player cbet flop with top pair and better with 50% of the pot size stat should return 1 if he bet 50% with worse hand it should return 0. Any help is appreciated
griffith_white

Re: Hand strength and sizing on the flop

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:17 am

Testing for top pair on the flop would be this:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair and cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3

If you want to test for other hand strengths see this post for cash_hand_player_combinations and this post for all the id_x_hand_strength values.

You can also test a players bet size as a percentage of the pot on the flop using:

cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 am

Great thank you. So my start should probably be using using default stat "Cbet flop in non 3bet+ pots" since I want this stat in single raised pots.
My idea is to test if someone has strong hand if he bets up to 33% of the pot.
So default value expression are these columns ((cnt_f_cbet - cnt_f_cbet_3bet_pot) / (cnt_f_cbet_opp - cnt_f_cbet_opp_3bet_pot)) * 100.
If I understood right now I need to duplicate stat, enter all these columns and add test for bet sizing and hand strenght. So first columns cnt_f_cbet should
look like this
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet AND ((cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3) OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_2pair OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_threeoak OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_straight OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush OR
cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fullhouse OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fouroak OR(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_gutshot_draw AND cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush_draw)) AND
cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct <34, 1, 0])

Expression is valid I am just not sure did I add everything correctly.
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:31 am

actually I do not care if the player is preflop raiser. I only care about his sizing and hand strenght. So maybe I am better using bet flop as a base stat right ?
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:41 am

I misread what you wanted so for 1 pair hands I just gave you top pair but it doesn't include overpairs - to include those you would need to use this:

(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3 or cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 6))

You might also want to look at the hand strengths. For example with cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_threeoak you haven't specified any strength so hands where the board was trips on the flop will be counted.
griffith_white wrote:actually I do not care if the player is preflop raiser. I only care about his sizing and hand strenght. So maybe I am better using bet flop as a base stat right ?

If the player bet the flop the following is true:

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet

and if you want this for single raised pots only use this:

char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2

This post has information on how the actors and aggressors strings work while this thread and this thread discuss how you can compare/test the strings.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Fri May 05, 2023 4:04 pm

I think I finally got it. Is this code correct ?
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2 AND((cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3) OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_2pair OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_threeoak OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_straight OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush OR
cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fullhouse OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fouroak OR (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3 or cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 6))OR(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_gutshot_draw AND cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush_draw)) AND
cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct <34, 1, 0])
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 07, 2023 1:19 pm

That looks fine but you can remove cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3 as it's being tested for again later in the expression.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 08, 2023 7:30 am

Yeah you are right. I mistakenly put it twice. But output is inncorect. I am getting values under 10%. I made 3 different stats one for under 34% bet one for 35-60% and one for over 60%. And I am getting output ( on really big samples over 200k hands) that player is betting strong hands with all sizings less than 10%. So there is some mistake somewhere I am not sure where. I know for myself when I bet flop over 50% I have strong hand in over 80% of time so my output should be 80%. Note that I included gut shot plus flush draw (so combo draw) also as a strong hand on the flop. So output should be negative only for total air, less than top pair and weak draws
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 08, 2023 9:14 am

So this is definition for first stat (less than 40% bet)

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2 AND(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_2pair OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_threeoak OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_straight OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush OR
cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fullhouse OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fouroak OR (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3 OR cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 6))OR(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_gutshot_draw AND cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush_draw)) AND
cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct <40, 1, 0])

This is definition for second one (40-60% bet)

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 2 AND( cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_2pair OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_threeoak OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_straight OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush OR
cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fullhouse OR cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_fouroak OR (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_1pair AND (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 3 OR cash_hand_player_combinations.id_f_hand_strength = 6))OR(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_gutshot_draw AND cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_flush_draw)) AND
cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct >40 AND cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct <60, 1, 0])

They are identical except the last line. And this is the output.
This is on 1k hands
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 733 times

So values are 1 and 7.
This is on my hands on 25k sample
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (2.3 KiB) Viewed 733 times

Now values are 152 and 167. It seems we are getting only how many instances happend.
We are not getting percentage ? So we now it happend in 152 times but our of 160 or out of 1000 ?
I wish to get percantages like in any other stat
Maybe I can just change statistic to divide with cnt_f_bet ?
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 08, 2023 12:11 pm

griffith_white wrote:Now values are 152 and 167. It seems we are getting only how many instances happend.
We are not getting percentage ? So we now it happend in 152 times but our of 160 or out of 1000 ?

If you are only using that one column in your custom statistic then it will not be a percentage and you will just get a sum of how many times that happened.
griffith_white wrote:I wish to get percantages like in any other stat

Then you need to divide by something else and then multiply by 100 to get a percentage from a custom statistics value expression:

(a / b) * 100

griffith_white wrote:Maybe I can just change statistic to divide with cnt_f_bet ?

You can use cnt_f_bet to get a percentage based on all flop bets but unlike hands for Hero the hand strength isn't going to be known in many cases so the percentage you see will be lower for non-Heroes.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles