Limped Pot Stats

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Limped Pot Stats

Postby friidayy » Wed May 03, 2023 7:51 am

Hello, how can I realize for limped multiway pots, something like bet flop/turn/river and fold2bet flop/turn/river?
friidayy

Re: Limped Pot Stats

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 am

There are no built-in statistics for that but it can be done with custom statistics - see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4. There is also a built-in statistic called 'Bet Flop (limp pot)' which can be edited for multiway pots and there may also be some similar stats if you search this forum or the Download Warehouse.
Flag_Hippo

Postby friidayy » Fri May 05, 2023 7:45 am

ok, i've read the guide.

here's what i've got for the bet flop in a limped mutiway pot:

stat: Bet Flop Limped MW Pot
(cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot / cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp) * 100

1. column: cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

2. column: cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

is this fine? for the turn and river stat do i just have to change from _f_ to _t_ and _r_?

now i want to make a more sophisticated stat:

bet next street after raise previous street
&
fold to bet on next street after calling a raise on the previous street

any tips for doing these? do i have to go through all flop, turn and river combinations for this?
friidayy

Postby friidayy » Fri May 05, 2023 8:07 am

sidequestion: how can i validate that my created stat works right? i dont mean the validate option to check if the expression is right, rather if it works as expected and gives reasonable results?
friidayy

Postby friidayy » Fri May 05, 2023 8:20 am

friidayy wrote:bet next street after raise previous street

i've found some reference stat: Bet River After Delayed CBet Turn % with

stat: (cnt_t_delayed_cbet_r_bet / cnt_t_delayed_cbet_r_open_opp) * 100

and cnt_t_delayed_cbet_r_bet:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND lookup_actions_t.action = 'B' and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_opp AND lookup_actions_f.action='X', 1, 0])

q: what's the difference between cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_t.action = 'B'? isn't this the same expression, so you can delete one and get the same resulting stat?
friidayy

Postby friidayy » Fri May 05, 2023 8:51 am

this is what i've got so far:

stat
Bet Turn After Flop Raise Cbet

(cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet / cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet_opp)*100

cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1 , 0])

cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1 , 0])

does this work?
friidayy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 07, 2023 1:17 pm

friidayy wrote:1. column: cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

2. column: cnt_f_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

is this fine?

That's fine.
friidayy wrote:for the turn and river stat do i just have to change from _f_ to _t_ and _r_?

Yes provided you are not concerned with what actions took place on the prior street(s). For example if you only want to count river hands where the flop and turn got checked through then just changing the street identifier wouldn't be sufficient on its own.
friidayy wrote:sidequestion: how can i validate that my created stat works right? i dont mean the validate option to check if the expression is right, rather if it works as expected and gives reasonable results?

If you want to check some hands you can test the expressions using the method described in this post.
friidayy wrote:q: what's the difference between cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_t.action = 'B'? isn't this the same expression, so you can delete one and get the same resulting stat?

They are not exactly the same. cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet is true when the player makes a turn bet and it isn't dependant on subsequent actions the player takes on that street. lookup_actions_t.action = 'B' specifies that the only action the player took on the turn was a bet which is useful if you want to specify that they didn't take any further actions which they would have to do if they faced a raise.
friidayy wrote:Bet Turn After Flop Raise Cbet

(cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet / cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet_opp)*100

cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1 , 0])

cnt_t_bet_after_f_raise_cbet_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1 , 0])

does this work?

That's fine but bear in mind that you've only specified that the player made the first flop raise. What if the cbettor 3bets the flop and the player calls - do you still want to count turn bets in that case? Currently those hands would be included.
Flag_Hippo

Postby friidayy » Mon May 08, 2023 2:23 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
friidayy wrote:for the turn and river stat do i just have to change from _f_ to _t_ and _r_?

Yes provided you are not concerned with what actions took place on the prior street(s). For example if you only want to count river hands where the flop and turn got checked through then just changing the street identifier wouldn't be sufficient on its own.

fair point, i want to take prior street actions into account. how do i define that the flop, for example, got checked through?
friidayy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 am

friidayy wrote:fair point, i want to take prior street actions into account. how do i define that the flop, for example, got checked through?

If the players only action on the flop was a check then the flop must have been checked through:

Code: Select all
lookup_actions_f.action = 'X'
Flag_Hippo

Postby friidayy » Tue May 09, 2023 11:56 am

cnt_t_bet_limped_mw_pot

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cnt_t_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bet Turn Limped MW Pot

(cnt_t_bet_limped_mw_pot / cnt_t_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp) * 100

cnt_r_bet_limped_mw_pot

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_bet and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and lookup_actions_t.action = 'X' and NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

cnt_r_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_open_opp and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and lookup_actions_t.action = 'X' and not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

Bet River Limped MW Pot

(cnt_r_bet_limped_mw_pot / cnt_r_bet_limped_mw_pot_opp) * 100

now the corresponding folding stat

cnt_f_fold2bet_limped_mw_pot

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_fold and not cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_face_raise and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

Is this fine? Do I need some additional brackets?

cnt_f_fold2bet_limped_mw_pot_opp

How can I do this? I would expect something like: cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_fold_opp, but it's
not there.
friidayy

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles