Cold 4b and fold to 5b

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Cold 4b and fold to 5b

Postby griffith_white » Thu May 11, 2023 1:14 pm

I already managed to define cold 4b stat. This is how it looks.
((cnt_p_4bet - cnt_p_4bet_after_raising) / (cnt_p_4bet_opp - cnt_p_4bet_opp_when_open_raised)) * 100

Now I would like to make cold 4b and than fold to 5b. I am not sure how to do that. Any instructions is appreciated
griffith_white

Re: Cold 4b and fold to 5b

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 am

griffith_white wrote:Now I would like to make cold 4b and than fold to 5b. I am not sure how to do that. Any instructions is appreciated

The player raises a 3bet as their first action and then folds:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'R' and lookup_actions_p.action = 'RF'
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Fri May 12, 2023 9:19 am

Thank you. I am just confused what is defining that this is their first action ? Why cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action ='R' is not counting cases when this player opened than got 3b and than he 4b ?
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 12, 2023 11:54 am

cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action isn't being used in isolation - you need to look at the entire expression and see how they interact. I've used lookup_actions_p.action to specify the players preflop actions in order.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Fri May 12, 2023 12:15 pm

I think I understand because lookup_actions_p.action ='RF' than player raise folded and if he was the initial raiser than it would be 'RRF' ? I am not sure is that correct. Also I am confused why are we using cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='R' instead of flg_p_4bet ? Isnt that a same thing ? raising 3bet or 4beting ?
Also I am still not sure how to get percentage ? Maybe I need to divide this column with cnt_p_5bet_def_opp ? But in this collumn I have cold and hot 4b
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Fri May 12, 2023 3:02 pm

I manage to make it on different way. The values seems correct. Is this also fine ?
sum(if[char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) > 4 AND NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.position = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 4 for 1)::int and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold, 1, 0])
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 14, 2023 6:10 am

griffith_white wrote:I think I understand because lookup_actions_p.action ='RF' than player raise folded and if he was the initial raiser than it would be 'RRF' ?

That is correct.
griffith_white wrote:Also I am confused why are we using cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='R' instead of flg_p_4bet ? Isnt that a same thing ?

Given everything available in the database schema there is usually more than one way to build a custom statistic however while raising a 3bet and 4betting are the same thing in poker terms it's not necessarily the same in the PokerTracker 4 database schema. cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet is true if a player 4bets or higher.
griffith_white wrote:I manage to make it on different way. The values seems correct. Is this also fine ?
sum(if[char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) > 4 AND NOT(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise) and cash_hand_player_statistics.position = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 4 for 1)::int and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold, 1, 0])

With your expression I am seeing a few more hands which are not cold 4bets e.g. when a player calls a 2bet and then back raises with a 4bet this gets counted.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Sun May 14, 2023 12:29 pm

You are very knowledgable. Were you also one of developers so you know every tiny detail ?
Anyway it seems it is best to do it the way you suggested.
So this is my stat
(cnt_p_5bet_def_action_fold_after_cold4b / cnt_p_5bet_def_opp_after_cold4b) * 100

first column

cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'R' and lookup_actions_p.action = 'RF'

second column

cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'R' AND ( lookup_actions_p.action = 'RF' OR lookup_actions_p.action ='RC')

I tested both columns in reports they are returning exactly what they should but stat do not work.
It does not turn out nothing. I am not sure why
griffith_white

Postby griffith_white » Sun May 14, 2023 12:32 pm

lol I just realized I forgot to put sum and if in column. Gonna put it know so it should work
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 15, 2023 5:25 am

griffith_white wrote:You are very knowledgable. Were you also one of developers so you know every tiny detail ?

I'm not a developer and I've just been covering these forums for awhile now :)
griffith_white wrote:second column

cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'R' AND ( lookup_actions_p.action = 'RF' OR lookup_actions_p.action ='RC')

If the player raises a second time that wouldn't get counted. I'd recommend this:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action = 'R' and lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'R_%' and NOT cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise

This column also needs the additional check so hands where the player 2bets then 4bets don't get counted.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles