Creating a heat map

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Creating a heat map

Postby griffith_white » Sun May 14, 2023 8:10 pm

I am trying to create a heat map. I already made it and it is working nicely but with numbers counting for a specific hand. So lets say I have a hand matrix for rfi and my stats for raise first in with 22 look like this
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard=169, 1, 0])

So pretty simple. When this player opens 5 times with 22 in the matrix it will show 5. I wish to create it more sophisticated with colors intead of numbers, Maybe I can return "22" instead of "1" out from the sum and than format to color it darker color for every instance ? Or maybe 5 nunances of green ( or any color) for every 3 more instances until it reach 15 or more counts that it will stay darkest possible. I am not sure am I thinking about it in the right way or is there a better way to accomplish this. And advice is appreciated
griffith_white

Re: Creating a heat map

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 15, 2023 5:28 am

griffith_white wrote:Maybe I can return "22" instead of "1" out from the sum

You can format your stat with this expression so it will display 22 regardless of it's actual value:

Code: Select all
format('22')

griffith_white wrote:and than format to color it darker color for every instance ? Or maybe 5 nunances of green ( or any color) for every 3 more instances until it reach 15 or more counts that it will stay darkest possible.

You can use the 'Colors' tab of the statistic to set color ranges. Bear in mind that if you play on PokerStars this functionality is blocked due to their rules on stat coloring.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 15, 2023 7:08 am

Is format set like this ? Using format expression on the stat itself not the column ?
I am in the color tab but I wouid need some example how it is used. So for example how to change background color of the stat for different values. If there is any example asked before or any tutorial on using color conditions on stat itself please send me the link.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 594 times
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 15, 2023 11:55 am

griffith_white wrote:Is format set like this ? Using format expression on the stat itself not the column ?

Yes. For other formatting options see this tutorial.
griffith_white wrote:II am in the color tab but I wouid need some example how it is used. So for example how to change background color of the stat for different values. If there is any example asked before or any tutorial on using color conditions on stat itself please send me the link.

The coloring is for the foreground. A color condition would be something like this:

Code: Select all
cnt_hands < 100

so this color expression would apply if the number of hands is less than 100. If you set multiple color conditions then they are applied in order of priority from top to bottom.
Flag_Hippo

Postby griffith_white » Mon May 15, 2023 12:59 pm

I got it. So this way we can change the color text of the stat. It is also usable but we will still not get heat map like this where all cards are always same color but background changes. Is there any other way to make it like this ? I guess it is not possible to make it exactly like this (with background change and also counting number of instances).
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (100.58 KiB) Viewed 570 times
griffith_white

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue May 16, 2023 3:37 am

Unfortunately I am not aware of a method to achieve that.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles