Fold to steal, only vers non-allin

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fold to steal, only vers non-allin

Postby Naeco » Tue May 16, 2023 6:03 am

Hello,

I tried to create the stat "Fold to steal, facing non-allin" but It doesn't seem to work.

I duplicated the fold to steal formula and added "tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack" so that the first raise is only a non-allin raise.

Here is the formula I have created and used:
cnt_steal_def_action_fold_nai / cnt_steal_def_opp_nai

Where cnt_steal_def_action_fold_nai is the following:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'F'
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack, 1, 0])

and cnt_steal_def_opp_nai is the following:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack, 1, 0])

Have I done something wrong?
Naeco

Re: Fold to steal, only vers non-allin

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 17, 2023 12:04 pm

Anything using tourney_hand_player_statistics is specific to that player (the player the stat is displayed for) and since you are creating the statistic for the player who is folding using tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made isn't going to work as they are not making any raise when they fold. The size of a preflop 2bet faced by a player is:

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing

which you can compare to their own effective stack. Bear in mind the size of raise faced is the amount the player needs to call so you would have to account for players posting blinds as that reduces the amount to call:

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing > 0 and ((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind) < tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack)

This doesn't necessarily mean that the 2bet wasn't an all-in however since the effective stack for each player is determined at their first action in the hand and it's the amount they could potentially lose in a pot. This would affect hands from the SB perspective since the BB is still to act behind and they might have a higher stack then the raiser. For steals faced by the BB that wouldn't apply. If you want to test if the other players 2bet wasn't all-in you would have to compare the size of that players 2bet to their stack using a subquery which will disable the use of the database cache. For more on how SELECT works see here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles