List of a Specific Starting Hand Played in a Spec. Position

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

List of a Specific Starting Hand Played in a Spec. Position

Postby TrustySam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey, so I was interested in finding out my winrate for AJo utg (in 6max), tried putting together a report and didn't get any data returned.

Like I didn't just want to see the entire list of AJo, sorted by position - I wanted to see only the hands utg, complete with the net won summarized at the bottom of the column.

I figured people must have asked for the settings for this custom report already, since it's such a common thing to want to see. And if nobody has, then maybe the report feature might be a little intimidating to people, such that they're giving up before they even try it? Hard to know ...

Anyways, TIA ...
TrustySam

Re: List of a Specific Starting Hand Played in a Spec. Posit

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm

You can do that with a filter - click the More Filters button and you can set the position in the Hand Details section. 6-handed, first to act is position 3 off the button. You can then use the Summary > Starting Hands report to view stats for each hole card.
Alternatively you can filter for a specific starting hand in the Hand Values section of the More Filters window.
WhiteRider

Postby TrustySam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Ahhh ... got it!!

That's great ... very happy to (1) be able to access that info, and then (2) get that insight that I was looking for. You know what I mean, like technical issue was solved. And then the substantive thing I wanted to look into was solved as well - so I'm super happy ... it helped a lot - ty ty!!! :) :) :)
TrustySam

Postby TrustySam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:29 am

WhiteRider wrote:You can do that with a filter - click the More Filters button and you can set the position in the Hand Details section. 6-handed, first to act is position 3 off the button. You can then use the Summary > Starting Hands report to view stats for each hole card.
Alternatively you can filter for a specific starting hand in the Hand Values section of the More Filters window.

TrustySam wrote:Ahhh ... got it!!

That's great ... very happy to (1) be able to access that info, and then (2) get that insight that I was looking for. You know what I mean, like technical issue was solved. And then the substantive thing I wanted to look into was solved as well - so I'm super happy ... it helped a lot - ty ty!!! :) :) :)

Oh wait ... bad news - your instructions are what I did the first time, and that's what returned the blank screen. Not sure if the fact that I play 6 max makes a difference, but I did use 3 as the position (sb=1, bb=2, and so on ...)

That's what had me wondering whether I'm the only one who's actually tried to use that filter.

What I thought worked was clicking on 'position' under results, then choosing 'EP', then choosing 'summary' and 'starting hands', but I just realized that that still gives AJo for all positions, not just utg.

Are you sure your instructions actually work - can you show me screen caps of you actually getting it to work? Thx.
TrustySam

Postby TrustySam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:01 am

Oh sorry - no, it wasn't 3 it was 4 - I used 4 ... sb=6, bb=5 ... utg is 4, not 3.
TrustySam

Postby TrustySam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 am

Here's the screencap of what I get when I use 4 - since there's definitely a position 4 at a 6-max table.

Just a guess, but I would assume the filter's returning no hands because the position filter only works with full ring. So when you try to use a full ring filter on a 6-max table, the two are mutually exclusive, and there's no hands that fit the bill.

But honestly, the larger problem than not having a filter than works at 6max tables would be the fact that I'm the first person to bring this up if that's the case. If I'm the first person to bring this up, then that would seem to mean that the vast majority of people must be finding these filters too complicated to use, and so they're making due with guesstimating what's on the screen.

I know from a programmer's perspective it might seem more streamlined to keep customization limited to filters. But from a user's perspective, the easier it is to find info, the 'better' I think people will think the product is. Substantively I'll be the same, but if people are having too hard a time accessing advanced functions ... it's like they won't exist at all, you know?

Just my two cents, as always ...
TrustySam

Postby roundar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 am

There's no position four with the filters at a 6m table. As it says next to the position filters, sb is always position 9 and bb is always position 8. This may seem weird at first, but it makes a ton of sense when you consider the confusion that would arise from position 4 having multiple meanings at a 4,6,9, and 10 max tables.
6m positions would be:
0 - btn
1 - co
2 - mp
3 - ep
8 - bb
9 - sb
roundar

Postby kraada » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 am

roundar is correct.
kraada