Hand range model popup

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand range model popup

Postby patsystooge » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a HUD so that when I click on it, a popup with a hand range model occurs?

Example.

I click on someones PFR stat and the 'equity calculator' and then the 'handrange selector' with the slanksy model would popup with the PFR already entered. Then I would like to edit the range.

I don't suppose this is possible? But it would be really cool to help learn hand ranges.

Cheers
Julian
patsystooge

Re: Hand range model popup

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 am

That's not possible - even if you know someone is raising 9% of hands, what 9% can vary massively from player to player - some players might like pocket pairs, some high cards and suited connectors . . . there's no real way of knowing just from the number the exact contours of the range.
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:15 am

Is it possible to have an expression of ALL Villain's VPIP <8 and <10 and then have their cards displayed in the HOLDEM Range Visulaizer as a percentage?

This would give you a graphical view of what the typical VILLAIN's cards would be at that 9 % VPIP.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:09 am

No it isn't, and of course you'd need to be careful with that kind of information because we only know villains' cards when they go to showdown - they may be raising a lot of hands and then folding, with the better hands tending to go to showdown leading to a biased view.
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:08 am

i was thinking more along the lines of late stages when it becomes a shovefest, and postflop play is removed.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am

Different people still weight hands differently and almost certainly don't conform to the same exact 8% or 9% range when they have those numbers.

If these are players you have a lot of data on, NoteTracker is the best tool for getting information on what shoving range they have shown.
kraada

Postby patsystooge » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:50 am

I understand different people have different ranges.

Ideally what I'd want is not so much the model, that could just be there for a base level of something to start with.
What I'd want is the a click on the hud to open the hand range visualizer and then as the hand progresses, I could edit it down to where I think my opponents range is. Instead of doing this mentally or with 3rd party programs.

Then cool stuff like being able to save this and review it would be great. But yeah I guess it's not possible. :(
patsystooge

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 am

I understand your thinking here and I agree something like that would be pretty nice to have but it's very complicated from a technical standpoint I'm afraid.

But keep the ideas coming anyway - we love new ideas :)
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles