column returns 0

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

column returns 0

Postby erdnase17 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 am

I tried to define a column to count the number of times a player in the BB faces an open fold (from the SB) in heads up tables, when effective stacks are between 16 and 30bb.

Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_face_limpers = 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing = 0 and lookup_positions.flg_bb and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) between 16 and 30, 1, 0])

For some reason this returns 0 and I can't figure what is wrong.
Any tips?

Thanks.
erdnase17

Re: column returns 0

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 am

If you're in the big blind and don't face any limpers or any raise then everyone has folded to you, so there is no effective stack because you can't win or lose any chips.
WhiteRider

Postby erdnase17 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:24 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If you're in the big blind and don't face any limpers or any raise then everyone has folded to you, so there is no effective stack because you can't win or lose any chips.

This is for heads up tables and I thought the effective stack was the smallest stack before posting blinds. Is there any way I can get the smallest stack?

The documentation says: "amt_p_effective_stack numeric Effective stack sizes pre-flop. This is equivalent to the shortest stack size at the table dealt into the hand pre-flop."
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 pm

That's how it was in PT3, in PT4 it changed to the total amount you could win from one player as of your first action.

This was discussed at length in this thread and the end result was that there wasn't a good reason to implement this change.

You know how often your opponent (when you play with him) open folds by looking at VPIP in the small blind (as 100 - VPIP is his open fold percentage there), and you can make an All Players report on the My Reports tab to do the kind of analysis you want - make a report for All Players, filter by the effective stack size and being in the small blind. Then look at the players' VPIP and that will tell you how often they are open folding.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm

I am trying to write a custom stat from the perspective of the BB so I don't think that approach using 100-(vpip from SB) will work.

Since I am interested in this stat mainly for HU Hypers on Stars I defined a column min_stack_BB_HU_Hypers_Pokerstars to count the effective stack size which should work even when facing an open fold (starting stacks are 500 chips on these games):

if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before <= 500, tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before, 1000 - tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before] / tourney_blinds.amt_bb

What Summary Type should I choose: Count, Count Unique, Min? Is there any documentation for these fields?

Then I defined the Faced Open Fold 16-30bb as:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_face_limpers = 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing = 0 and lookup_positions.flg_bb and min_stack_BB_HU_Hypers_Pokerstars between 16 and 30, 1, 0])

However when I run reports it will show one row for each hand. I tried changing the Summary Type for min_stack_BB_HU_Hypers_Pokerstars but it has no effect. How can make the reports show just one row for this stat?

Thanks.
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:22 pm

You cannot use other columns as variables like that - you will need to do everything in one single column in order for it to work properly.

Can I ask what is your reasoning for wanting to see this from the BB perspective? It's literally impossible to change your play in the BB based on how often people open fold.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm

kraada wrote:You cannot use other columns as variables like that - you will need to do everything in one single column in order for it to work properly.

Can I ask what is your reasoning for wanting to see this from the BB perspective? It's literally impossible to change your play in the BB based on how often people open fold.

So if I define this as a variable then I can use it in the column?

This is how I can get my lifetime stats versus a villain in the HUD. In the villin's HUD this stat will show how often I open folded versus him.
erdnase17

Postby erdnase17 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:42 am

So if I have a stat hands_bb_gt_30 to count the number of times a player was in the BB with effective stacks >= 30 like so

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0 and lookup_positions.flg_bb AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) >= 30, 1, 0])

it won't count the walks? (the times it was folded to him in the BB)
erdnase17

Postby erdnase17 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:04 am

I wanted to edit the last post but the forum software won't let me.
Obviously the above column won't count walks so how do I make a column for heads up games that will count the number of hands the player was in the BB while the smallest stack (I won't use effective stack because according to PT4 eff stack is zero on walks) was above X?

This would be easy to do using amt_p_before if the tournament starting stacks was stored somewhere in the DB (I am only concerned with Heads Up tournaments):

with the expression
 if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before <= STARTING_STACK, tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before, 2*STARTING_STACK - tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before] / tourney_blinds.amt_bb
but I can't find it.
erdnase17

Postby erdnase17 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 pm

In PT3 there was a tourney_holdem_type.amt_chips which would serve for this purpose. Why don't we have this field in PT4?
erdnase17

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles