column returns 0

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: column returns 0

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm

I also think this is an important issue for HU players. The solution does not seem to be that complicated. The current effective stack definition is a show stopper for all HU players. I am aware there is a solution to generate reports (posted in a related linked thread) but it won't solve other issues such as defining custom stats that depend on the smallest stack in the table. Hopefully the developers will understand this.

Thanks.
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 am

The only case where you'll want a custom stat that is affected by this issue is only and exactly when you're dealing with winrate. In all other circumstances this is irrelevant - there is no time a player had a chance to do anything in these cases so there is nothing you would want a stat on here.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am

kraada wrote:The only case where you'll want a custom stat that is affected by this issue is only and exactly when you're dealing with winrate. In all other circumstances this is irrelevant - there is no time a player had a chance to do anything in these cases so there is nothing you would want a stat on here.

I disagree and that is precisely the reason I created this thread: if you read the original post, I wanted to create a column that counts how often a player in the BB faces an open fold when the effective stack sizes (or in other words, the smallest stack) at the table is between X and Y. Currently this impossible to do.

Why would I want such a stat? Because I want to write some custom stats that show my own stats as perceived by villain, which is also currently impossible to do with PT4.
Why in general we as customers face such resistance from you PT4 guys when we request changes? Isn't it become obvious now that this piece of information (call it smallest stack, you don't need to change your definition of effective stack) is needed by HU players?
erdnase17

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi moderators,

are you going to keep ignoring this issue? I'll keep pounding :-)

Here is a refresher:

For HU SNGs I would like to define a custom stat 'Faced MinRaise 16-30bb' but to define this stat I need a column to count how often the player was in the BB and the smallest stack was between 16 and 30bb.

Obviously this won't work because of the current definition of effective stack:

Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0 and lookup_positions.flg_bb AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 16 AND 30, 1, 0])

Thanks.
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm

For that stat you do not want a column that counts times you were in the BB with that stack - you want a column that counts the times you were in the BB with that stack and faced a minraise. Effective stack will not be zero in that case.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

kraada wrote:For that stat you do not want a column that counts times you were in the BB with that stack - you want a column that counts the times you were in the BB with that stack and faced a minraise. Effective stack will not be zero in that case.

I was thinking the stat is (#times player was in the BB and faced a minraise)/(#times player was in the BB). So the column in my previous post was for the denominator. What you are talking about is the numerator. My reasoning is every time the player was in the BB it was an opportunity for the SB to minraise. Or am I wrong?
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm

More useful would be:

(#times player was in the BB and faced a minraise)/(# of times player was in the BB and faced any raise)

Then you can figure out what percentage of raises faced are minraises. And that will work just fine.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 pm

kraada wrote:More useful would be:

(#times player was in the BB and faced a minraise)/(# of times player was in the BB and faced any raise)

Then you can figure out what percentage of raises faced are minraises. And that will work just fine.

But that will be a different stat. Say the player faced a minraise 5 times out of 10 he was in the BB, faced a limp twice, faced an open shove twice and faced an open fold the remaining opportunity.
The stats should be 5/10, 2/10, 2/10 and 1/10 respectively. The way you say it will give a result for the face minraise stat of 5/(5+2) ~71% where the true stat is 50%.
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm

I agree they won't be the same data. My data would be more useful though.
kraada

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:44 pm

kraada wrote:I agree they won't be the same data. My data would be more useful though.

When are we going to get an answer from the development team regarding the addition of a 'smallest stack at the table' database field?
erdnase17

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles