column returns 0

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: column returns 0

Postby erdnase17 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Any news on this, please?
erdnase17

Postby kraada » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:12 pm

If I had a column expression that would do this for you, I would give it to you, but unfortunately I do not at this time.
kraada

Postby sawwee » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm

It's a MUST.
Without it's simply impossible to see how do I do on different effective stack sizes in HU.
sawwee

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm

There is literally only one stat that changes as a result of this - amount won. All other stats (VPIP, PFR, literally anything else) stays the same. In cases where you are in the big blind and get a walk there is literally nothing you can do to change your play, but if you really want to see how often opponents are folding in these situations you can see that via the My Reports page via an All Players report. Filter for times they are in the SB and have the appropriate effective stack and add the VPIP stat. They are open folding the inverse of that number (100 - VPIP from the SB = Open Fold %).
kraada

Postby sawwee » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 pm

What I want to see is that how good / bad am I at different effective stack sizes. It is (or it should be) a very basic thing and it is really necessary if you want to find your leaks and you want to improve your game. But this basic thing is just impossible in PT4 at the moment. :-( (Even though it was possible in PT3, and it is possible in HM and HM2 as well.)

I created some nice custom columns and custom stats to see how do I do at different effective stack size, and it's absolutely useless because I cannot get the real numbers, since all the winnings when I got a walk at any stack size is counted to the "effective stack size betveen 0 and 2" group.

More or less I understand your reasoning about why do you calculate effective stack size on this strange way but I have no idea why don't you provide an opportunity to those users who want to know their real results?? You could implement "shortest stack size" or "effective stacksize before the hand started" or any similair column and then this problem would be solved. The current situation causes so much troubles to EVERY heads up players! And we are a lot, believe me...
sawwee

Postby sawwee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

May I expect any answer from you PT guys regarding this issue?
sawwee

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm looking for a way around this issue for people like yourself - limited to heads up tournament play. I don't know if I will find one.

The official PokerTracker company position on this issue is elaborated on in this thread.
kraada

Postby BillGatesIII » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm

For the time being you could run this script, of course at your own risk, to update the effective stacks for heads up tournaments.

Code: Select all
update tourney_hand_player_statistics as player
set amt_p_effective_stack =
  (select min(villains.amt_p_effective_stack)
   from tourney_hand_player_statistics as villains
   where player.id_hand = villains.id_hand
   and player.id_player <> villains.id_player)
from tourney_summary as ts, tourney_table_type as ttt
where player.id_tourney = ts.id_tourney
and ts.id_table_type = ttt.id_table_type
and player.amt_p_effective_stack = 0
and ttt.val_seats = 2
BillGatesIII

Postby sawwee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 pm

BillGatesIII wrote:For the time being you could run this script, of course at your own risk, to update the effective stacks for heads up tournaments.

Code: Select all
update tourney_hand_player_statistics as player
set amt_p_effective_stack =
  (select min(villains.amt_p_effective_stack)
   from tourney_hand_player_statistics as villains
   where player.id_hand = villains.id_hand
   and player.id_player <> villains.id_player)
from tourney_summary as ts, tourney_table_type as ttt
where player.id_tourney = ts.id_tourney
and ts.id_table_type = ttt.id_table_type
and player.amt_p_effective_stack = 0
and ttt.val_seats = 2

Thank you for the script! I suppose I have to run the script again and again once I imported new hands to the database, right?
Somehow I still hope PT will provide a solution for this problem which doesn't need any hacking. But till that this script seems to be great, thanks again!
sawwee

Postby sawwee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:42 pm

kraada wrote:I'm looking for a way around this issue for people like yourself - limited to heads up tournament play. I don't know if I will find one.

The official PokerTracker company position on this issue is elaborated on in this thread.

kraada, I have read that topic and I unserstand the company position of PT (even though I still don't see the downside if it would be different.) By this reason I don't ask PT to change the way how you calculate effective stack size when you got a walk. What I do ask is to get something instead of that. Why not create a column about the size of the shortest stack in the hand? That would not effect the calculation of the effective stack size and the problem of HU players would be solved, too. Is there any chance for that?
sawwee

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles