column returns 0

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: column returns 0

Postby BillGatesIII » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm

sawwee wrote:
BillGatesIII wrote:...Thank you for the script! I suppose I have to run the script again and again once I imported new hands to the database, right?
Somehow I still hope PT will provide a solution for this problem which doesn't need any hacking. But till that this script seems to be great, thanks again!

Yep, you're right.
BillGatesIII

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:19 pm

sawwee,

It is possible that we will eventually add a minimum stack from the street column - but changes like that to the entire database structure are done carefully and given where we are in development right now I wouldn't expect to see something like that happen anytime soon (though I could always be proven wrong - development often takes a very funny path).
kraada

Postby sawwee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:24 am

kraada wrote:sawwee,

It is possible that we will eventually add a minimum stack from the street column - but changes like that to the entire database structure are done carefully and given where we are in development right now I wouldn't expect to see something like that happen anytime soon (though I could always be proven wrong - development often takes a very funny path).

I see, thank you for the information. I'll appreciate if you can make them understand how important is this issue for HU players in leakfinding processes.
sawwee

Postby sawwee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:32 am

Moreover if somehow you got any idea how to create a custom stat for that please let me know. I know kraada you are a great wizard of PT4, I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly you find a solution. :-)
sawwee

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 am

I've done some digging already and the best route that I found doesn't look like it'll work since you can't group by variables. But if I find something, I will definitely let you know.
kraada

Postby sawwee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 am

kraada wrote:I've done some digging already and the best route that I found doesn't look like it'll work since you can't group by variables. But if I find something, I will definitely let you know.

Thaks a lot, appreciated!
sawwee

Postby _dave_ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

erdnase17 wrote:I am not sure you can place arbitrary SQL in a column

would be such a dream
_dave_

Postby sawwee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 am

Dear PT guys,

As a Heads Up player I'm suffering by this issue again and again.
Do you know how much is my BB/100 in my shortstack game? I have no idea, because PT4 cannot tell that to me!
Do you know what did I have to answer to my coached student when he asked me a question about at which effective stack size range does he lose from BB? My answer was "I have no idea", because PT4 cannot provide this information!
Do you know how well do I do with Ax at 12-18 BB deep from BB? Obviously we have no idea, because of the way how PT4 calculates effective stack sizes.

I understand that effective stack size is calulated for each player at their first action, based on the shortest stack that is still involved in the hand. This must be a nice funciton for MTT or full ring players, but it is terrible for Heads Up players, and it causes that we are unable to get as fundamental information about our game as BB/100 at some given effective stack size range.

Heads Up poker is extremly popular nowadays, so a huge amount of your customers are affected by this issue! Many of them knows about it, many others don't, they are simply missleaded by the numbers they find in PT4 when they have a look on their performance filtered to effective stack size ranges.

Please understand that this problem is extremly important and affects really basic stats for all Heads Up players!

To be constructive I have some suggestion how to solve this problem:

SUGGESTION No. 1:
Please let us choose! Simply create a checkbox (or anything else) in the "options" menu of PT4 where we can choose the option "I'm a Heads Up player" and let' PT4 calculate the effective stack size for us on the good old way.
I know that database update will be needed so we cannot change settings in any minute, but it's fine.

SUGGESTION No. 2:
Calculate the effective stack size to each position as you do now, EXCEPT if the BB got a walk. If everybode folded before the BB please store the shortest stack at the table as BB's eff. stack size! It will have no downsides to any customers at all, and the same time it will solve the problem of ALL the HU players!
I know this change needs some extra programming, but please consider how many of your customers needs to get a solution for this issue!

I hope you can implement one of these suggestions in the near future and soon HU players can use PT4 again properly!

Thank you in advance!
sawwee

Postby sawwee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Could you please give me an answer regarding the mentioned ideas?
Thank you in advance.
sawwee

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 pm

I have passed on your concerns to the development team. They are aware of your point of view, but I'm not yet sure what the outcome of the discussions will be.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles