How to change stats from showing just EP/MP/LP to UTG/HJ/CO

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to change stats from showing just EP/MP/LP to UTG/HJ/CO

Postby Ftw17 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:33 am

Hey. Recently i downloaded a custom profile and really loved how the player broke down the main popup for each individual position UTG/HJ/CO/BTN/SB/BB. I understand this is for 6max cash but is there any way i can change my popup to something like this but the only problem is i play FR. SO i would be having to create it into UTG/UTG+1/MP/MP+2/HJ/CO/BTN/SB/BB. Its in this profile:

My current pop up looks like this:

I would love to be able to create all the stats i have on this popup above but broken down like into each position at the table instead of having it categorized like EP/MP/LP/Blinds. Can someone please explain to me how i can do this. Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!
Ftw17

Re: How to change stats from showing just EP/MP/LP to UTG/HJ

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 am

If you use the built in PT4 Positional Popups popup creator you can build a popup very easily that groups by EP/MP/CO/BTN/SB/BB - for full ring MP is two positions at 7-8 players and 3 at 9-10 and EP is however many are left (1 at 7, 2 at 8, 2 at 9, 3 at 10). It won't get you every single position broken out but it'll be pretty close to the 6max version and it'll be a whole lot easier than building tons of custom stats.
kraada

Postby Ftw17 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 pm

kraada wrote:If you use the built in PT4 Positional Popups popup creator you can build a popup very easily that groups by EP/MP/CO/BTN/SB/BB - for full ring MP is two positions at 7-8 players and 3 at 9-10 and EP is however many are left (1 at 7, 2 at 8, 2 at 9, 3 at 10). It won't get you every single position broken out but it'll be pretty close to the 6max version and it'll be a whole lot easier than building tons of custom stats.

I use pokertracker3, i have a Mac so i can't yet use PT4. Can i still do it on PT3?
Ftw17

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm

You posted in the PT4 forum, hence why I thought you were on PT4 :)

You'd need to use custom stats in PT3 to do this - though PT4 for the Mac really is coming soon!
kraada

Postby Ftw17 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Im so sorry. I didn't even realize that i posted in the PT4 section.
Ftw17

Postby al.everson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:25 pm

I am using PT4 and have the same issue.

The positional popup only create stats with grouped positions?
Cant i Create full ring ungrouped popup automatically?

Anyway, just by understanding how pokertracker groups the positions on HUD already helps a lot.

Thanks.
al.everson

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 am

al.everson wrote:Cant i Create full ring ungrouped popup automatically?

No - the Hud only splits into the six positional groups. Our investigations show that you won't find much difference between positions within EP and MP groupings with the way that they are defined, though, so this shouldn't really be an issue.
WhiteRider

Postby dave2085 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:13 am

kraada wrote:If you use the built in PT4 Positional Popups popup creator you can build a popup very easily that groups by EP/MP/CO/BTN/SB/BB - for full ring MP is two positions at 7-8 players and 3 at 9-10 and EP is however many are left (1 at 7, 2 at 8, 2 at 9, 3 at 10). It won't get you every single position broken out but it'll be pretty close to the 6max version and it'll be a whole lot easier than building tons of custom stats.

this seems maybe outdated, but I didnt found anything to that issue.
I play 9 max MTT and just realized yesterday that EP (when i used it in the positional hud) stands for the Position UTG and UTG+1 and not UTG+2 (MP1) , this stat belongs to MP.
This is confusing to me, is there any way to change that into this order; EP = utg, utg+1, utg+2, MP = MP2 + HJ, CO = CO, etc...

EDIT: hmm maybe this change is not significant, but i am really interested in that,..doenst it distort the mp stats a little?
dave2085

Postby potamito » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:43 am

It does...u need to take into account those positions are based on a 6max table not 9max so it gets distorted a bit if u need/want more accurate positional custom stats it's far better to just create them if you dont know how shoot me a PM and i can assits you.
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:15 am

You cannot change the built-in order for EP, MP e.t.c. although you can create your own custom statistics for that but you would need to build them for each stat you want in your popup. Also if you don't want the stats mixed between different table sizes (for example EP on a 6max table plays very differently from EP on a 9max table) then you can filter your HUD stats based on the number of players at the table.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles