Preflop Limp Raise

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Preflop Limp Raise

Postby BillGatesIII » Tue May 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Preflop Limp Raise (Percentage of the time that a player limped preflop and then reraised a raise given that he faced one.) is defined as
Code: Select all
(cnt_p_limp_raise / cnt_p_limp_faceraise) * 100

The denominator is defined as
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise, 1, 0])

But what if the amount of the raise faced is equal or greater than the player's remaining stack so the player can only call or fold? That situation shouldn't count as an opportunity to raise I guess?

If I'm right and this stat is not, how can I fix it?

Btw, I hope that my assumption is false because in other raise stats (like Check Raise F/T/R, 2Bet F/T/R, Raise F/T/R CBet, 3Bet F/T/R Check Raise, etc.), the opportunity column would be wrong also.
BillGatesIII

Re: Preflop Limp Raise

Postby kraada » Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am

You could change it to:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND (cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp OR cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_opp), 1, 0])

though for cash games I doubt you'll ever see much of a difference here. I will bring this particular issue up with the development team.
kraada

Postby BillGatesIII » Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 am

kraada wrote:... though for cash games I doubt you'll ever see much of a difference here. I will bring this particular issue up with the development team.

Agree. But for SNG's (eg. small stack Hyper/Super Turbo games) and for some postflop stats it might make a noticable difference.
BillGatesIII

Postby kraada » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 am

Yes, and I have brought this up internally so that we can decide the appropriate way to proceed. Though in my experience, if someone is limping with 5BB or something that says a lot about their play in and of itself.
kraada

Postby sawwee » Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Well, this IS an issue and many stats might be wrong in our HUD, especially for HyperTurbo SNG players.
What do you think when might these stats get fixed? (Please don't asnwer the common "We don't have an ETA yet" but let us know your best guess.)

(And please: once you have a fix make sure to update the wrong columns in the database to let us avoid a reimport of all our hands.)
Thank you!
sawwee

Postby kraada » Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm

I can't and won't make a shot in the dark kind of guess to when this would be addressed, but it has been raised as an issue internally and will be dealt with accordingly. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that.
kraada

Postby sawwee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 pm

The problem is that not only this stat is concerned by this issue but many others, too: Check Raise F/T/R, 2Bet F/T/R, Raise F/T/R CBet, 3Bet F/T/R Check Raise, etc.

BillGatesIII made some analyzis about Flop 3bet in my database and found that Flop3bet for each players is 6-7% lower than it should be! (19% vs. 26%, 18% vs. 24%, etc.)

I found a way to fix this bug adding (tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_x_2bet_opp OR tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_x_3bet_opp) and similair opportunity columns to the "facing" columns of the stats, which would be a good fix IF the tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_x_3bet_opp and the tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_x_4bet_opp wouldn't be buggy, too! (https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=48919)

Please give some priority for these issues, all the bugs which results incorrect numbers in the hud cost a LOT of money for your customers!

Thank you.
sawwee

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:35 pm

I have reminded the development team about this issue on your behalf. There is nothing else I can do beyond that for you.
kraada

Postby NegsNegsNegz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 am

BillGatesIII wrote:(cnt_p_limp_raise / cnt_p_limp_faceraise) * 100

How to edit this for different positions? F.e. BTN Limp/Raise or SB Limp/Raise?

How to seperate this to Limp/Raise AI and Limp/Raise NAI?

Thank you in advance :)

Best regards,
Negz

Edit: I found out how to solve my first problem.

How to edit this for different positions? F.e. BTN Limp/Raise or SB Limp/Raise?

-> HUD Profile Editor: Select Stat you wish to define position(s) for -> Item Properties (Top right) -> Scroll down to "Position"
NegsNegsNegz

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 am

When a players first preflop raise is AI the following is true:

cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack

when it isn't this is true:

cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made < cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles