3 Bet All in and 3 Bet Not all Stats

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: 3 Bet All in and 3 Bet Not all Stats

Postby dwyt84 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 am

I still dont understand how to make a custom stat after watching all the videos. im sorry i really suck at this.

can you please help me figure out how to make a non allin 3bet stat for hu sngs. i already have a 3bet jam stat i got it from another hud. i just need this missing piece. the non allin 3bet stat
dwyt84

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm

How much of the effective stacks do you want to go in before you count it as a jam? I presume if someone has an effective stack of 20BBs and they raise to 19BBs you'd want it treated as a jam.
kraada

Stacksizes of both involved players.

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:04 am

Just a quickie. OK, so we have:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack

(I would use this as cash but same applies) The above shows the stacksize of the 3bettor.

My question: Is there a stat that can show the stacksize of the opener also?

Second question: When listing the betsizes of the opener and the 3bettor, do they include all the previous chips needed? E.g. Is an open min-raise from small blind a 1bb raise, or 2bb? And if the BB then 3bets to a size that means he now has 5bb in the pot, is that a 5bb raise (including blind), a 4bb raise (not including blind), or a 3bb raise (not including amount needed to call the minraise)?
Stally

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:30 am

OK - I've worked out that the 3bet size in the above situation would be 5bb, and that must mean that a minraise in SB counts as 2bb.
Stally

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 am

OK so the amt_p_effective_stack does not seem to be *ahem* effective (excuse the pun). I created this column to count 3b minis (and tested by making it into a hand stat by cutting and pasting "cash_hands_ [...] _effective_stack >=17" to verify the error):

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made <= (5 * cash_limit.amt_bb) AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack >= 17, 1, 0])

But it triggers even when I, for example, an in the big blind either HU or with 3 or more players, and I have a 3bb stack. I remedied this with:

(amt_chips/cash_limit.amt_bb) >= 17

But this only worked for the hand stat, and I haven't found an alternative for the player stat.

ALSO it seems to me that amt_p_effective_stack does not work - and I would say that my experience with using the simple filters with various "effective stack" settings is also flawed somehow.
Stally

Postby kraada » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 am

amt_p_effective_stack is the amount you could lose as of your first action to any other player at the table. It should be real effective stack, just as of the time of your first action (note: it's after antes, but before posted blinds). Can you tell me what numbers you are seeing for it if they don't line up with this definition?
kraada

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:06 am

I don't know how to bring up the actual value of amt_p_effective_stack, but when i tested it to be => 17 it would bring back true, even when there was a 3bb stack (in the case of BB in a HU hand while facing an SB raise, and also BB in a non-HU hand facing a button raise.

these are from cash games.
Stally

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 am

OK - i found out how to bring it up in a report - and it is my mistake, because I didn't convert it into BB so it's in $ form instead. Easy fix, just divide by cash_limit.amt_bb :-)
Stally

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

Argh sorry - I keep writing so many posts here. But this effective stack stuff confuses me - say for example, I am SB with 30bb, button has 15bb, and BB has 10bb. Button raises. Should the effective stack be 30bb, 10bb or 15bb?
Stally

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:51 am

After doing some filtering etc, I have found out that the answer would be 15bb.

So is it possible to find out the stacksize of the initial raiser? The issue I'm looking at is when to count a hand as qualifying for a "mini and fold to 4bet" stat. Perhaps I should just look at the size of the 4bet and use that as a determiner for whether the hand will count.

Example to illustrate why:

Btn (7bb) minraises to 2bb
SB (me with >20bb) 3bets to 4.5bb total
BB (20bb)

In this spot, my effective stack is 20bb, and I will call any shove from the btn, but could still fold to the BB. Yet when the button shoves (the far more likely option than BB doing so), it will be counting this as part of my "fold to 4bet stat" if my basis is amt_p_effective_stack, even when it shouldn't. I know this will only affect a tiny number of hands, but I want my stats to be accurate.

Here's my stat for simply making the mini3bet, which I'm modifying to count success of mini3bet, fold to 4bet after mini3bet, etc.

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made <= (5 * cash_limit.amt_bb) AND (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / cash_limit.amt_bb) <= 17

So for deciding whether to count the hand as valid for "mini 3b, fold to 4bet", I have two options , or possibly a combination of both:
- I want the size of the 4bet to determine whether I count the hand or not - how would I write that?
- I want to look at the size of the stack of the initial opener, is that possible too?
Stally

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles