3 Bet All in and 3 Bet Not all Stats

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: 3 Bet All in and 3 Bet Not all Stats

Postby kraada » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:26 am

amt_p_effective-stack is in chips, as it looks like you figured out from the column you wrote. The situation you describe is a drawback to the way the database does it, but the way we do it is so important for other things, that the only way to go is going to be adding more data at some later date to see what the depth is at other instances.

You can test the amount you have to call against a 4bet by using: cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_4bet_facing -- that's the number of chips you need to call when facing a 4bet.
kraada

Postby Stally » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 am

Ok great, thanks. :-)

Yeah the effective stack makes most sense in this way. Is it not possible to reference the stacksizes of the initial raiser, or even the stacksizes of other players in the hand?
Stally

Postby kraada » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 am

No, unfortunately there's no way to do that at this time.
kraada

Postby coffeegrinder » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Hey experts!

I feel like my selfconstructed stat is not working like it should, can you please look over the things I did ?

Detailed Desciption:
Spoiler: show
Percentage of the time that a player called a preflop 3Bet, smaller than 40% of the effective stack, given that he had a chance to do so regardless of other prior actions.

Formula: Number of Times Player Called a non All-In 3Bet Preflop / Number of Times Player Could Call a non All-In 3Bet Preflop

Definition:
Code: Select all
(cnt_p_nai3bet_def_action_call_COPY / cnt_p_nai3bet_def_opp_COPY) * 100

My columns are ...

cnt_p_nai3bet_def_action_call_COPY:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * .4, 1, 0])

cnt_p_nai3bet_def_opp_COPY:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * .4, 1, 0])

It feels like it should be obvious, but I am not able to get it atm.
:heart:
€: Might be because of the different "Database Fields" - t_h_p_statistics.flg_ and t_h_p_statistics.enum_ ?
coffeegrinder

Postby Stally » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:39 am

not 100% sure but before an admin weighs in, i believe that amt_p_raise_made is not correct as that's for the player's own raise, and not what they're facing. try amt_p_raise_facing.
Stally

Postby coffeegrinder » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:32 am

Yes, good point!

At least the stat seems to work in a better way now.

I think another mistake is that the raise is bigger than 40% of the effective stack, tbh I copy/pasted from this thread because I thought it matches my intrest.
coffeegrinder

Postby kraada » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:55 am

Stally's right about raise_facing vs raise_made. And you can tinker with the percentages as you'd like. 40% does seem low to me, but it is going to really depend on your game what you'll want.
kraada

Postby coffeegrinder » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:17 pm

I just switched around >= to <= and now it works I think.

Thank you very much for the quick and quality awnser.

After raising to 40% of the effective stack, I feel comitted to the pot, so it won't be a 3b/f "ever" - so I count 50%stack 3bets as allin.

I imagine that in a 4bet szenario you are definatly right; e.g. there are very small 4bets (almost minimum) for bluffing in tournaments.
coffeegrinder

Postby js2002 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:34 pm

does anybody no the oppiste of these stats?

for example:

(amt_p_2bet_facing >= 0.5 * .amt_p_effective_stack)

Problems:
1. BB, SB, and other positions: the field/column get calculated in other way (2bet size - already invested amount of blinds or chips dont know excact)
2. eff stack field/column seems buggy: walks produce "eff stack = 0", ok, got a solution 4 that, but sometimes "eff stack" is wrong and I dont know why.

So, how do "say": An nonAllin which commits >= 50% of eff_stack is also an Allin.
js2002

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:21 am

I suspect the issue here is similar to your other post which I just replied to - the "raise faced" is the amount the player would need to call, so if the player posted a blind you'll need to take that into account in your maths.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles