3Bet Preflop vs Hero

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: 3Bet Preflop vs Hero

Postby BillGatesIII » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:44 am

I thought pt4pt4pt4 only wants to count the times hero had the opportunity to steal from the small blind against villain. And that translates into this expression.
Code: Select all
sum(if[(select 1
from tourney_hand_player_statistics hero
where hero.id_hand = tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.position = 9
and hero.flg_steal_opp)])

But maybe I'm still confused :D
BillGatesIII

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am

BillGatesIII wrote:I thought pt4pt4pt4 only wants to count the times hero had the opportunity to steal from the small blind against villain. And that translates into this
But maybe I'm still confused :D

The columns I have do both:

A - Count the attempted steals and steal opportunities that Hero had in the SB, BTN and CO positions that it recorded by all players at the table.

In the Following column, Included Villains position since item properties position will not affect the stats vs Hero:

B - Count the vs Hero attempted steals and steal opportunities for Villain when they are in SB (vs Hero SB Steal), BB or SB (vs Hero BTN Steal) and for the BB, SB, BTN (vs Hero CO Steal).

The stats all work and when they are beside each other, I can quickly see how often I attempted a steal with that player at the same table, and also how often i attempted a steal with specifically them from one of the Hero positions.

I gonna post an image of my Expand popup HUD with a few regs so you can see what it looks like.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Didn't' calibrate the results with color ranges as I just threw it up there, but this is what I was looking for. Total steals attempts and opportunities that Villain was seated at same table with Hero, and specifically vs Hero stats for Villain at the mentioned Hero positions (didn't insert HJ vs Hero stat yet). Going to add percentages total for each.

Player A has been involved in more than 50 % of my attempted steals at the same table seated with me.

Player B & C both less than 30 %.

The question is how useful is this? I think it's a good indicator when you start a SNG and check the players in your blinds to see what they might be expecting. A marginal hand late in a SNG can be worth a lot more with players B & C than player A.

pt4pt4pt4

Postby BillGatesIII » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 am

Seems useful to me for players which you have played a lot of hands with. Although I might also be interested in their reactions to steals.
BillGatesIII

Postby emano85 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 am

Hi!

I'm trying to write some new stat and i could make some simplier stats, but this 'vs hero' stats is very difficult, so I'd like some help.

I read this post but so many variations of code, that i don't know what's working.

I'd only like the 'villain steal from SB vs hero' and 'villain resteal from BB vs hero'. So its only the SB-BB fight always.
(I think the other position stats can give wrong value, because the other player's agression will influence the result. For example villain steal from BTN vs hero (hero in BB) will low if SB is maniac, or will high if SB is nit)

emano85
emano85

Postby BillGatesIII » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Villain steal from SB against Hero in the BB (this is for cash btw).

Steal attempt column.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att and exists
  (select 1
   from cash_hand_player_statistics hero
   where hero.id_hand = cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
   and hero.flg_hero
   and hero.position = 8), 1, 0])

Opportunity column.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_opp and exists
  (select 1
   from cash_hand_player_statistics hero
   where hero.id_hand = cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
   and hero.flg_hero
   and hero.position = 8), 1, 0])

Create a new stat from these two columns, put it in a hud and set the position property to SB.

Disclaimer: I did this from the top of my head so please do check if the numbers this stat gives are correct.
BillGatesIII

Postby emano85 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:12 am

Hi,

thanks, I changed it to tourney and add an (effective stack < 20BB) condition and it seems good.

I made the resteal stat too:
Hero is SB, villain is BB, effective stack < 20BB and nobody is comitted (if the raising is lower than the half of the eff stack)

cnt_resteal_att_bb_vs_hero:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing < (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * 0.5) and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'R%' and ((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) <= 20) and exists
(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.position = 9), 1, 0])

cnt_resteal_opp_bb_vs_hero:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing < (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * 0.5) and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp and ((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) <= 20) and exists
(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.position = 9), 1, 0])

Is it good?
(sry, with wich tag can i copy to code form?)

emano85
emano85

Postby BillGatesIII » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 am

Nice work :) I think the resteal is almost correct. What you have to include is that Hero made the steal. Because now it will also count if for example the button made the steal and Hero is in the SB. Another thing to have a look at is amt_p_raise_facing because this is the amount to call the raise. For example, the small blind is 100, the big blind is 200, the small blind raises to 450, then amt_p_raise_facing is 250.
BillGatesIII

Postby emano85 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:55 am

You're right. So it will be comitted with the 'half of the eff stack + 1 BB' by the formula. It's good yet I think.

The BTN raise hmm...I don't know how could I make a condition that watch the SB first in move.
emano85

Postby BillGatesIII » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

Try this.
select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_steal_att
and hero.position = 9
BillGatesIII