3Bet Preflop vs Hero

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: 3Bet Preflop vs Hero

Postby BillGatesIII » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

kraada, I'm glad you try getting this clear because every new post from pt4pt4pt4 makes me more confused :D
BillGatesIII

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am

kraada wrote:Your column seems confused to me. Let's look at the last one:

This piece adds up times we face a raise when the hero opened when he was in the SB. Since he opened, we must be in the big blind facing a SB raise.
A - Yes this is the BB facing a SB raise and SB gets OPP +1

Here we had a chance to open when hero was in the SB and had a chance to open. This will return 1 for all hands where we folded in earlier position and it was folded to the SB. I suspect this part is not what you want.
B - If the Hero is in the SB and facing an unopened pot then he has a chance to steal regardless of what actions he takes. It's an OPP to steal for Hero so all players before Hero get OPP +1

Here the hero open limped the SB and we didn't have a chance to open, so we must have been in the BB with the ability to raise.
C - It's an OPP for Hero to steal and the SB gets OPP +1

Here the hero open folded in the SB. And this will count all hands we open folded in earlier position. I also don't think you want this situation.
D - This is a walk for the BB and if Hero has an unopened pot facing him, SB gets OPP +1

Can you explain the two that have bolded comments after? Because I see them as only giving you bad data here.

So every time Hero gets an opportunity to steal the blinds from SB position, all players will have registered it in their stats.

Options A, C, D are only for SB to register the steal opportunity.

Option B are for the rest of the players before Hero (BTN - EP)

So now when I attempt a SB steal of the blinds from a reg in the BB position, I will be able to check the stat to see what attempts / opportunities that they may have on their HUD.

This is just the OPP portion.

I checked it so far and it worked in the replayer. The values for the rest of the players (Hero SB Steal OPP) are only summed if Hero has a steal attempt from the SB.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:
kraada wrote:Your column seems confused to me. Let's look at the last one:

This piece adds up times we face a raise when the hero opened when he was in the SB. Since he opened, we must be in the big blind facing a SB raise.
A - Yes this is the BB facing a SB raise and BB gets OPP +1

Here we had a chance to open when hero was in the SB and had a chance to open. This will return 1 for all hands where we folded in earlier position and it was folded to the SB. I suspect this part is not what you want.
B - If the Hero is in the SB and facing an unopened pot then he has a chance to steal regardless of what actions he takes. It's an OPP to steal for Hero so all BTN-EP players before Hero get OPP +1

Here the hero open limped the SB and we didn't have a chance to open, so we must have been in the BB with the ability to raise.
C - It's an OPP for Hero to steal and the BB gets OPP +1

Here the hero open folded in the SB. And this will count all hands we open folded in earlier position. I also don't think you want this situation.
D - This is a walk for the BB and if Hero has an unopened pot facing him, BB gets OPP +1

Can you explain the two that have bolded comments after? Because I see them as only giving you bad data here.

So every time Hero gets an opportunity to steal the blinds from SB position, all players BTN-EP will have registered it in their stats.

Options A, C, D are only for BB to register the steal opportunity.

Option B are for the rest of the players before Hero (BTN - EP)

So now when I attempt a SB steal of the blinds from a reg in the BB position, I will be able to check the stat to see what attempts / opportunities that they may have on their HUD.

This is just the OPP portion.

I checked it so far and it worked in the replayer. The values for the rest of the players (Hero SB Steal OPP) are only summed if Hero has a steal attempt from the SB.

Sorry I used SB designation when I was talking about BB registering OPP +
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:39 am

BillGatesIII wrote:kraada, I'm glad you try getting this clear because every new post from pt4pt4pt4 makes me more confused :D

Does this make sense to you?

Everytime Hero has a SB Steal OPP, all the players registers it.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:55 pm

If you're trying to make instead a stat that shows how often they see hero have a steal attempt this is a very convoluted and error prone way to do it. Much better is the simpler:

sum(if[(select 1
from tourney_hand_player_statistics hero
where hero.id_hand = tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_steal_opp)])
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:15 pm

kraada wrote:If you're trying to make instead a stat that shows how often they see hero have a steal attempt this is a very convoluted and error prone way to do it. Much better is the simpler:

sum(if[(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_steal_opp)])

It may be very convoluted and error prone, but it's all i got :lol:

My way, I thought I could have both stats - All players see total Hero steals and then duplicate the stat and set the position for villain in item properties so that I could get a Vs Hero stat (as Bill mentioned)

I tried setting the stat position to BB in item properties for the vs SB Steal Hero stat but it affects all players stats, not specifically the player in the BB.

I can't see how your example will allow vs Hero stats while counting all steal attempts since you have no position specified.

All steals stats count are working for all players, now just have to get the Vs hero stat working in item properties position.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:51 pm

My example version counts up every time hero had a chance to steal. If you set the stat to BB position for you you'd see all times you were in the BB when the hero had a chance to steal. It should work just fine as far as I can tell.
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:07 pm

kraada wrote:My example version counts up every time hero had a chance to steal. If you set the stat to BB position for you you'd see all times you were in the BB when the hero had a chance to steal. It should work just fine as far as I can tell.

Just gonna leave with an update:

No success with your version.

I couldn't get my column to work by setting the item properties position (tried them all). So i just included tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 for the players only in the SB and BB.

So now all the Hero steals are counted by all players, by Hero position, and a vs_hero_steal by position in a separate stat, for SB & BB.

i tested these out in hand replayers and live games and had no problems.

These stats are good to look at when you have a marginal hand and you are looking at how Villain might fold or adjust his range depending on previous hands.

I would rather have these stats than none at all :)

Thanks Kraada & Bill for your time, it works

cnt_steal_opp_sb_vs_HERO_Pos_SB

Code: Select all
(
sum(

case when (if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players > 2 and exists
  (select 1
   and hero.flg_hero
   and hero.flg_p_open_opp
   and hero.flg_p_first_raise and hero.position = 9)])

or

(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players > 2 and exists
(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_p_open_opp
and hero.position = 9)])

or

(if[NOT tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players > 2 and exists
(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_p_open_opp
and hero.flg_p_limp
and hero.position = 9)])

or

(if[NOT tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players > 2 and exists
(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and hero.flg_p_open_opp
and hero.flg_p_fold
and hero.position = 9)])

then 1 else 0 end
)
)
pt4pt4pt4

Postby BillGatesIII » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 am

@pt4pt4pt4: It slowly starts making sense to me. From a programming point of view, your expression is kind of a mess, but if it works, I'm happy :D

@kraada: I think flg_steal_opp is also set to true if everyone folds to you in the CO or BU. So you have to add hero.position = 9 to only count SB steal opportunities. There is no need to specify the Position item property because the only way to 'face' a steal opportunity from the SB is if you're in the BB (if that makes sense).
BillGatesIII

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:08 am

I don't think that should have changed. Either way this should definitely work:

sum(if[(select 1
and hero.flg_hero
and (hero.position = 9 OR hero.position <= 1)
and hero.flg_p_open_opp)])
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles