attempt to steal: all in vs min raise stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: attempt to steal: all in vs min raise stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:23 am

Looks good to me. For the tooltip it is the text in the 'Name:' field on the definitions tab in 'Configure -> Statistics' that is displayed.
Flag_Hippo

Postby phoenixx420 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 pm

ok cool.

i have something written in the name field. it only displays for one stat, even though i have the same stat on my hud twice.
phoenixx420

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:18 am

Please export your HUD profile and attach it to a Support Ticket so we can investigate that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby phoenixx420 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:24 pm

ok, i sent in a ticket.

on another note, is it possible to change the name of a custom stat after you create it? i gave one of mine a misleading name and i'd like to fix it. however, the name field is in grey instead of white and i am unable to edit it.
phoenixx420

Postby phoenixx420 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 pm

one more question: what do each of the "format type" options do?

for the custom stat i was describing earlier in the thread, would i want to select "percent?" what's the difference between that and "expression" which seems to be the default?
phoenixx420

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

phoenixx420 wrote:on another note, is it possible to change the name of a custom stat after you create it? i gave one of mine a misleading name and i'd like to fix it. however, the name field is in grey instead of white and i am unable to edit it.

That's not possible as it will stop the stat from displaying in the HUD so you will need to copy the stat using the 'Duplicate' button, change the name and delete the original. Finally remove the old stat and add the renamed stat to your HUD profile.
phoenixx420 wrote:one more question: what do each of the "format type" options do? for the custom stat i was describing earlier in the thread, would i want to select "percent?" what's the difference between that and "expression" which seems to be the default?

Yes percent would be correct for that stat. For more details on format expressions see this post.
Flag_Hippo

Postby phoenixx420 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:12 am

phoenixx420 wrote:hi. after several years and some further thought, i'd like to try to take these stats a step further.

i want to make a stat that tells me the % of steal attempts for a given effective stack size. so for example, how often is a player going all in when the effective stack is 7-10 bb, ect. i tried to make one, but i'm not sure it's giving me the information i want. does this look right?

numerator:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att and ((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack)/(tourney_blinds.amt_bb) between 7 and 10.99) and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack), 1, 0])

denominator:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_opp and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) between 7 and 10.99, 1, 0])

(numerator / denominator) * 100

also, i have a minor annoyance going on with my hud. i've got the custom steal stats i made from earlier in there. i have the same stat on my hud twice. once it's filtered for the btn and once for the sb. when i hover the mouse over one of the stats, it tells me what it is. but, when i hover it over the other, all it says is (BTN). i've got a lot of different numbers in my hud, so it would be nice if i could straighten that out. any idea what's causing this?

i'm having some issues with this stat. i added it into my hud, filtered to the button. however, when i look in the replayer and check if the stat moves after a hand that should have been counted by the stat, the stat doesn't change. when i remove the filter, however, it seems to work. the thing is, i'd like to be able to separate out all ins from the cut off and sb, which would be included in the stat if it wasn't filtered. is that correct?
phoenixx420

Postby potamito » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:24 am

phoenixx420 wrote:
phoenixx420 wrote:hi. after several years and some further thought, i'd like to try to take these stats a step further.

i want to make a stat that tells me the % of steal attempts for a given effective stack size. so for example, how often is a player going all in when the effective stack is 7-10 bb, ect. i tried to make one, but i'm not sure it's giving me the information i want. does this look right?

numerator:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att and ((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack)/(tourney_blinds.amt_bb) between 7 and 10.99) and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack), 1, 0])

denominator:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_opp and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) between 7 and 10.99, 1, 0])

(numerator / denominator) * 100

also, i have a minor annoyance going on with my hud. i've got the custom steal stats i made from earlier in there. i have the same stat on my hud twice. once it's filtered for the btn and once for the sb. when i hover the mouse over one of the stats, it tells me what it is. but, when i hover it over the other, all it says is (BTN). i've got a lot of different numbers in my hud, so it would be nice if i could straighten that out. any idea what's causing this?

i'm having some issues with this stat. i added it into my hud, filtered to the button. however, when i look in the replayer and check if the stat moves after a hand that should have been counted by the stat, the stat doesn't change. when i remove the filter, however, it seems to work. the thing is, i'd like to be able to separate out all ins from the cut off and sb, which would be included in the stat if it wasn't filtered. is that correct?

I think your problem is you´re using "tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att" and for pokertracker "stealing" is every open raises made by either CO, BU and/or the SB so when you´re making a "..stat that tells me the % of steal attempts.." you shouldnt be using that steal expression because when you specify other positions besides CO, BU and/or SB it will give you issues and also it doesnt isolate CO Open Shove frequencies % nor BUs nor SBs, just take that expression out and use these instead...

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp

And keep the rest the same and just set the active players position in the item properties or just add...

For CO tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 1
For BU tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0
For SB tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9

And you´re good, cheers.
potamito

Postby phoenixx420 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 pm

hey potamito, thanks for your reply.

as it turns out, my original stat seems to be working after all. i think the issue may have been that it was lagging with updating the numbers as i moved forward hands in the replayer. also, i have this stat in a pop up. it seems that if i leave the pop up open, the numbers don't update when i go to a new hand. but, if i close it and reopen it, it shows updated numbers.

so, i've got one more question, this time about a different stat i'm trying to create. i want a stat that displays the percentage of times that a player calls an all in steal. i've written one, but it's clearly not giving me the number i want. can anyone advise me on where i'm going wrong? here's what i have:

numerator:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp and lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack), 1, 0])

denominator:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack), 1, 0])

(num / denom ) *100

i put a filter on it for the bb as well. i tried removing it, but it didn't seem to effect it much. the stat is showing 0 either way over 18k hands, which is definitely not correct.
phoenixx420

Postby potamito » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:46 pm

phoenixx420 wrote: i want a stat that displays the percentage of times that a player calls an all in steal

Try with this as you action column..

Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing > 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_face_limpers = 0 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)'  and lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%' and (tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos=1 OR tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos=0 OR tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos=9)), 1, 0])
potamito

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles