Cold Call Isolation Raise

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Cold Call Isolation Raise

Postby Zito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 am

After a stat for the following scenario hopefully it's out there in PT4 land my custom stating skills are pretty rusty.

Player_1 open limps, player_2 makes an isolation raise and player_3 cold calls.

So, the stat would track player_3's cold call isolation raise%
Zito

Re: Cold Call Isolation Raise

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:31 am

That doesn't exist by default but it could certainly be built as a custom stat.
kraada

Postby Zito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 am

Feared as much, I need more help on this one, I'm having trouble figuring out which columns to use and how the stat would need to be constructed from the cold caller's perspective.

I imagine something like:
"cnt_p_facing_limpers" for the times player_3 faced limpers, and would add AND not "cnt_p_limp" to exclude their own limps

and then a "cnt_p_iso_def_fold" would need to be created, what would this look like?

Column/stat specific help would be very useful
Zito

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:15 am

cnt_p_facing_limpers is only useful if the player in question faced the limpers. In this case you would want instead to test simply that there was a limper. You can do that with:
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int != substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 1 for 1)::int

This makes sure the first raiser was not the first actor -- so someone must have limped. From there you test that the player had a chance to make a 3bet and cold called (or had a chance to cold call).
kraada

Postby Zito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:49 am

thanks, just realized I posted in PT3 not PT4 custom stats.
Zito

Postby Zito » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:03 am

Your latter suggestion seems more straight forward "(or had a chance to cold call)". If the player cold called a 2bet, then they must have the opportunity to 3bet, so the 3bet part wouldn't be necessary?

I can't find anything in the documentation using substrings or an existing stat to copy. How do these parts fit together?

Code: Select all
(cnt_p_ccall / cnt_p_ccall_opp) * 100

substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int !=
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 1 for 1)::int , 1, 0])
Zito

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 am

It is possible to face a 2Bet which you can't raise (if the 2bet is for more money than you have in your stack or if you're last to act and the 2bet is all-in) so for completeness it would be best to test for both.

Take a look at the Custom Statistics Guide for information on the general format of a column expression. Generally you want your column expression to be of the form "sum(if[ <expression>, 1, 0 ])" when you're counting the number of times a situation occurred.

This Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics was written for PT3 but the same principals apply and this goes into much more detail, including how to use substring.
WhiteRider

Postby murmanman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Please help me how to make this stat...

substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int != substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 1 for 1)::int
AND
lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%'

thats all??

what in opportunity?
AND
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing > 0

?? :roll:
murmanman

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:34 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Generally you want your column expression to be of the form "sum(if[ <expression>, 1, 0 ])" when you're counting the number of times a situation occurred.

By this WhiteRider meant something like:
sum(if[substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int != substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 1 for 1)::int AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%' , 1, 0])

This as written will add 1 each time the expression is true and 0 each time it is false. Though I think you want more than this - as it is all you're checking is that the first aggressor wasn't the first actor (so there were some limpers), and your first action was to call. Nothing is specified about whether you face a raise (or limp), or anything else for that matter.
kraada

Postby murmanman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm sorry I dont understand, I need to add somethink to code?

When I use this code:

substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 2 for 1)::int != substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 1 for 1)::int AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%'

I test this code in My reports and there are "Bad samples"

For example this hand:

I just limp here, not call Isolation Raise.

Please help me with code :roll:
murmanman

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles