Custom stats in cash popup

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom stats in cash popup

Postby Karsen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello. I ran into a problem recently. I've created a popup which shows cards in the 3bet range. This popup works fine in my tournament hud, but doesn't work in a cash hud. (Yes, I've converted all the statistics from tournament one to cash). The funny thing is that when I use these custom stats in a table group of a cash hud they work fine, but they refuse to work in a popup group of a cash hud. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Attachments
cash.PNG
broken popup in cash hud
have_val2.png
working popup in tournament hud
empty.png
working popup in tournament hud w/o values
Karsen

Re: Custom stats in cash popup

Postby PropokerHUDs » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 pm

The funny thing is that when I use these custom stats in a table group of a cash hud they work fine, but they refuse to work in a popup group of a cash hud. Can anyone help me with this issue?

I presume the way you have done this is creating a custom stat for each of the 169 combos. This is a lot of un-cached custom stats.

Are you sure that it isn't just taking a very long time to fill? The behaviour you describe sounds exactly like this is what is going on.

How big is you cash database, compared to tourney one? Have you checked the PT4 logs to see if the query is still pending and / or tried it in the replayer and waited a long time?
PropokerHUDs
ProPokerHuds Forum Moderator

Postby Karsen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks for your intention to help. I've enabled logging and found some interesting messages concerning the cache:
[StatManager] Unable to use cache due to column: cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_fold_3bet_pot (cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_fold_3bet_pot)

[StatManager] Unable to use cache due to column: cnt_f_donkx (cnt_f_donkx)

[StatManager] Unable to use cache due to column: live_table_min_stack (live_table_min_stack)

Any suggestions?

The size of my database: it's not large - 300MB. And it takes about 7 secs to create tournament popup for my 20k hands (it takes less than 1 sec to creat a popup for a villian with 200 hands). As for my cash hands: I've got about 30k of my hands in this database, so it's not much bigger than the tourney one.
Karsen

Postby PropokerHUDs » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Not to tread on mods toes, but they are standard messages. They are just telling you that the cache can't be used for particular stats because of the presence of a custom column.

The size of my database: it's not large - 300MB. And it takes about 7 secs to create tournament popup for my 20k hands (it takes less than 1 sec to creat a popup for a villian with 200 hands). As for my cash hands: I've got about 30k of my hands in this database, so it's not much bigger than the tourney one.

7s for a popup for just 20k hands and a total database size of 300MB, yes it screams too many custom stats / insufficient hardware spec causing SQL to choke....and is this 7s just in the replayer? You will find for obvious reasons when you fire up a load of tables that PT / Postgres having to fire information to and from a load of tables, will cause even further slow down.

Also, you talk about you have x amount of your own hands, but a factor is in relation to how many hands you have in total in the database and how many hands on all the other players at the table.
PropokerHUDs
ProPokerHuds Forum Moderator

Postby Karsen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for your help, PropokerHUDs. It seems like your replies did help me to repair my popup and now it works fine (and fast like the tournament one). You were absolutely right about too many custom stuts. Originally I created my hud for HUSNG games and there were lots of stuff concerning stack sizes and other specific tournament statistics. And when I simply converted my tournament hud to cash one, the cash hud happend to "inherit" too much "waste" which prevented my popup from proper functioning.
As for 7s for 20k hands, I think this is a good result, because you will never have this much hands on your opponent in real play (in real play it takes less than a sec to form this popup) and, consicering that I'm playing HU only and not more than 3-4 tables at once, I don't think I will ever encounter further slow down.
Thanks again, you've been very helpful.
Karsen

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles