Need help with a stat.

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Need help with a stat.

Postby roctill7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:23 pm

So I am trying to make my stat work but seems Im doing a mistake somewhere in the lines I wrote for the stat:

Its for HU play:
- I want to know how many times a player has limped his SB preflop, and faced an AI shove at certain amount of effective stack size and folded.

My stat value expression looks like:
(cnt_p_limp_fold_9_12 / cnt_p_limp_faceraise_ai_9_12) * 100

While columns expressons are:

For: cnt_p_limp_fold_9_12 its:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 9 and 12, 1, 0])

For: cnt_p_limp_faceraise_ai_9_12 its:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack, 1, 0])

Help will be appreciated.
roctill7

Re: Need help with a stat.

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Two things:

(1) You're not using the same effective stack size for the two columns, you almost certainly want those to match.

(2) You're not checking the size of the raise in the limp/fold column, so you could be limp/folding to a minraise there. You want the size check there also so you're comparing apples to apples.

That should then do what you want, I think.
kraada

Postby roctill7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:54 am

Ok ty. I tries fixing those that u pointed and got this:

(cnt_p_limp_fold_9_12 / cnt_p_limp_faceraise_ai_9_12) * 100

when cnt_p_limp_fold_9_12 is

sum( if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing = tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49, 1, 0] )

when cnt_p_limp_faceraise_ai_9_12 is

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing = tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49 , 1, 0])

Still aint working :(
This my first attempt to make a stat so im sure im doing it wrong :P
roctill7

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 am

You probably want:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack

Otherwise if you don't face a raise for exactly the effective stack it won't count. Otherwise it does look good.
kraada

Postby roctill7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 am

So I fixed the faceraise colum and it seems it finds 77 hands in my database where I limped and faced raises of ALL IN, however I had to use this to finally make it work(copied from the stat I made before this that works):

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / tourney_blinds.amt_bb > 6 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49, 1, 0])

Now the bad news.
I cant seem to find how to correctly write the first colum. At the moment it looks perfect to me yet something doesn't match here:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49, 1, 0])

I have also tried:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / tourney_blinds.amt_bb > 6 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49, 1, 0])

Both ways my hud doesnt recognise that I fold... shows I have 0/77 folds vs this scenario.. Thats deff wrong.

Btw I have made the limp fold vs non all in and them all works fine.
roctill7

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 am

The second one won't work,the first sounds better. Create a custom Hand report in My Reports and if you use this piece in the blue Filters link's Expressions Filter you can see what hands match (and play with it to see how things change):

tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 8.5 and 12.49
kraada

Postby roctill7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Works well untill I input this bit:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack

And report goes blank. Is there any other way I can input the raise size we face when we limp ?
roctill7

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Try this:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing >= (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack - tourney_blinds.amt_bb)

Since you've already limped you've put in one big blind worth and thus the raise you face can be a bit smaller and still be for your whole stack (since that big blind is no longer part of your effective stack).
kraada

Postby roctill7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks Kraada! Seems to be working! :D
roctill7

Postby roctill7 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 am

Ok so report works, but when I add this stat to HUD it crashes my whole HUD :( I contacted support and they said my stat is wrongly writen and that its causing the crash.
So Im curious, this stat here:

sum(if[(tourney_hand_summary.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) >= 8.5 AND (tourney_hand_summary.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) <= 12.49 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise, 1, 0])

is woorking, however all I need to add to it is the raise size we face. Which in my instance I want an all in. Maybe if we add that to this it will be not crashing my HUD ..
roctill7

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles