Avg Steal Percentage

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Avg Steal Percentage

Postby QTip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 pm

I'd like to find out what the avg steal rate is when play folds to a given position. Is that possible?

Thanks.
QTip

Re: Avg Steal Percentage

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Yes. Create an All Players report on the My Reports page and remove the Player stat and put in the Position stat, then Attempt to Steal. Go into the Filters section and add a filter for Not(Player is Hero) and then you'll see what you want.
kraada

Postby QTip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 pm

kraada wrote:Yes. Create an All Players report on the My Reports page and remove the Player stat and put in the Position stat, then Attempt to Steal. Go into the Filters section and add a filter for Not(Player is Hero) and then you'll see what you want.

Thank you.
QTip

Postby QTip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:31 pm

kraada wrote:Yes. Create an All Players report on the My Reports page and remove the Player stat and put in the Position stat, then Attempt to Steal. Go into the Filters section and add a filter for Not(Player is Hero) and then you'll see what you want.

I've done this successfully, but have a question on what I'm seeing.

Say the ATS in the CO is 30%

Does this mean the average player open raises 30% of the time when it's folded to him in the CO? Or does it mean something different like perhaps play folded to the CO 60% of the time and he raised 50% of those opportunities.

If it's the average player's raise % when folded to him, I would like to also find out how often the games actually fold to the CO.
QTip

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:25 pm

The percentage is out of opportunities to steal in that position; so it means when folded to in the CO 30% of the time the opponents in your database have made a steal. Note that this is out of all opportunities though so this will be skewed towards regulars.
kraada

Postby QTip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm

kraada wrote:The percentage is out of opportunities to steal in that position; so it means when folded to in the CO 30% of the time the opponents in your database have made a steal. Note that this is out of all opportunities though so this will be skewed towards regulars.

Is there a way then to find out how often on average play folds around to the CO?
QTip

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:23 am

You would need to make a custom stat for that. In that same report, separated by position, I think this stat expression will show you what you want (both of these columns already exist):

(cnt_p_open_opp / cnt_hands) * 100

This is the percentage of times that a player has the opportunity to open, so if you use that in a report grouped by position you can see it for the CO (and all other positions).
Bear in mind the percentage will vary significantly by table size so you may want to filter for the number of players dealt in as well.

Custom Stats Guide
WhiteRider

Postby QTip » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:10 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You would need to make a custom stat for that. In that same report, separated by position, I think this stat expression will show you what you want (both of these columns already exist):

(cnt_p_open_opp / cnt_hands) * 100

This is the percentage of times that a player has the opportunity to open, so if you use that in a report grouped by position you can see it for the CO (and all other positions).
Bear in mind the percentage will vary significantly by table size so you may want to filter for the number of players dealt in as well.

Custom Stats Guide

Great, thanks.

I got it working and did filter for a specific # of players.
QTip

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles