Fold to Flop Bet (Limp Pot)

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fold to Flop Bet (Limp Pot)

Postby Cooozy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm

There's a built in stat called Bet Flop (limp pot), but how can I make a custom stat for Fold to Flop Bet (limp pot)? If possible I need this stat to work for cash and tournaments, regardless of the number of players.

I've seen this thread, but it's separated for IP and OOP (if possible I'd want both included in one stat), seems to be only for HUSNGs, and it's in PT3 (I'm not sure how to reformat for PT4).

Here's the PT3 code provided in that thread...

For In Position use these columns:

Code: Select all
cnt_f_fold_vs_bet_limped_pot_ip: sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position and lookup_actions_f.action = 'F', 1, 0])

cnt_f_face_bet_limped_pot_ip: sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position and holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing > 0, 1, 0])

For Out of Position use these columns:

cnt_f_fold_vs_bet_limped_pot_oop: sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action = 'X' and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position) and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1, 0])

cnt_f_face_bet_limped_pot_oop: sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action = 'X' and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position) and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X_%', 1, 0])

Thanks
Cooozy

Re: Fold to Flop Bet (Limp Pot)

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:25 am

Generally to convert a PT3 expression you need to replace "holdem_hand_player_statistics" with "cash_hand_player_statistics".

To stop it being positional you would remove the "holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position" part.

The best way to work out what expression to use if often to look at other similar stats. In this case the stat you want is very similar to the built-in stat "Fold to F Bet", you just want to add a test for 'limped pot' which you found in the PT3 stat.

Fold to F Bet uses the column "cnt_f_bet_def_action_fold", which is:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)'), 1, 0])

We have to test for the player's action being either fold or check/fold since they may be in or out of position, and we also test for facing exactly a "bet".

So when we add in the "limped pot" part your new actions column will be:

EDIT: I've allowed the player to check preflop as well as call here so that the big blind is included.

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)') AND lookup_actions_p.action SIMILAR TO '(C|X)' and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise), 1, 0])

The opportunities column is exactly the same except that we do not test the players flop action.

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND lookup_actions_p.action SIMILAR TO '(C|X)' and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise), 1, 0])
WhiteRider

Postby Cooozy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:25 pm

It's working now, thanks a lot.
Cooozy

Postby syous77 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:44 am

hello,

trying to import this stat into the tourney hud

I noticed you said replace the holdem_hand with cash_hand so I replaced cash with tourney however I am getting this error:

https://gyazo.com/a62cab5d060fe0deb3e5abd1e83fcee6

"you cannot use multiple aggregate functions in a single column"

I'm pretty new to this, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
syous77

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:16 am

What you have in that one window is supposed to be two columns, the first one named before the : and defined after (the sum(if[...., 1, 0]) stuff). Then after the empty line is a second column definition.
kraada

Postby dave2085 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

i build a stat like this, but only for BB vs SB situation:

Preflop: SB limps - BB checks
Flop: SB bets - BB folds

I attached this stat, would be create if someone could check the expressions
Attachments
BBvSB Fold to F Bet (limp Pot).zip
(860 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:38 am

That's fine although you can make your expressions shorter and get the same result. For example if you remove one character here by changing:

cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%'

to:

cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9'

then you don't need to use:

cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_face_limpers = 1 AND lookup_actions_p.action SIMILAR TO '(C|X)' and not (cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise)
Flag_Hippo

Postby dave2085 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:09 am

i am trying to built the same stat for fold to turn "c-bet" in limped pots in blind vs blind situations:

so the action is:

SB limps, bb checks, Sb bets flop, big blind calls, SB bets, bb folds

the problem now i want this stat to work for HU and or 3players+

i use this expression:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_b
AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9'
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0
AND (lookup_actions_t.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)')
AND (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(B|XC)') , 1, 0])

if i use this expression it only works for HU games (2 players dealt into the hand)
if i change this
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(B|XC)') , 1, 0])
to this
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(B|C)') , 1, 0])
it works for situatione where its not a headsup (3players+)

how is it possible to arrange it for both situations?

i tried it with the expression OR
like this:
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(B|XC)' or '(B|C)')
but this doenst work....

thanks for help in advance!

PS: i am actually curious about the fold to flop cbet in limped pot stat (bvb), why does this stat work for 2players or 3 and more players dealt into the hand
(lookup_actions_t.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)'
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

As you're building the stat for the BB you shouldn't include any actions the SB takes when using lookup_actions so you need to use:

lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(C|XC)' AND lookup_actions_t.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)'

This works for both 3+ handed and HU because either the BB is in position 3+ handed (call flop & fold turn) or they are out of position in a HU hand (check-call flop & check-fold turn)
Flag_Hippo

Postby dave2085 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:16 am

Thank you very much! works now perfectly
dave2085

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles