Show graphic icon in the HUD

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Show graphic icon in the HUD

Postby 4StarGen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 am

I didn't understand well...

Are you saying if the icon which we are trying to displayed is named fish.png, PT4 treat the icon like a 8 character long stat? Because if it this the case I think I have a workaround for that
4StarGen

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:13 am

It's the entire text I think: {'IMG:Icons/ar_13.png:55}

So yes you can make the filename a bit smaller as well and that would help some.
kraada

Postby 4StarGen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:30 am

I think I have a solution, but I don't understand how the expression works, if you help me I will more than glad to post the solution (if it works)

let's say I want to format a stat, let's say if VPIP > 10 then display the icon (as OP did), how can I do it? I tried to imitate what OP did but I failed... what is the syntax to format to images?
4StarGen

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:41 am

This piece is what displays an icon; in particular this one displays the icon named ar_13.png in the Icons subfolder:

'{'+format('IMG:Icons/ar_13.png:55}'

Everything else in the screenshot from the first page is related to his particular if/then structure he was using. So something like this should work to show ar_13.png if the player has VPIP > 10 and 0 otherwise:

if( (cnt_vpip / (cnt_hands - cnt_walks)) * 100 > 10, '{'+format('IMG:Icons/ar_13.png:55}', 0)
kraada

Postby 4StarGen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:47 am

4StarGen

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:57 pm

I lost a ) - this works:

if( (cnt_vpip / (cnt_hands - cnt_walks)) * 100 > 10, '{'+format('IMG:Icons/ar_13.png:55}'), 0)
kraada

Postby 4StarGen » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:24 am

I'd like to update users..... now the bug seems to be fixed

4StarGen

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks for confirming - this was addressed in a recent update.
WhiteRider

Postby beninu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:50 pm

4StarGen wrote:I'd like to update users..... now the bug seems to be fixed

I find your use of graphics in PT4 custom HUDs quite interesting. I've done it a lot myself, and among other things made a whole range of graphic "meters" that are much nicer to read than pure digits.I'd like to share experiences with you. Let me know if you are interested (perhaps in a PM). To let you know about a few of the things I've done look at the pics below. These are some of my own HUD's made for PT4 and they work perfectly. I've made a lot more than these, but they show a little of the things included in this.

See pics below. (Sorry about the quality of the pics, but the forum doesn't allow pics that are too large so they are shrunk quite a bit but you get the idea.). These HUD's work fine on standard PokerStars (or any other for that matter):

Here you see some "compare columns" I made (to the far right) to easily compare apponent to my own stats.

Here you see a very simple first attempt to make a simple bars showing aggression frequency, aggression factor, and a graphical rep of M-Zone in the buttom of my HUD. It's developed a lot since then:

Here you see a HUD I used on Stars that shows a few different graphical stats I made. (Don't mind the 3rd party skin - it's still PokerStars):

And here you can also see that I made icons to show playertype like it could be seen in std. HUD before Stars disallowed it. (Now you have to program it yourself.... ;) )

I've been creating these for years now, so I have a hughe library of stats and custom columns as well as stats in my PT4 PostgreSQL database. The above pictures merely scratch the surface. I have also made different stats for practically all the stats in the PostgreSQL table, to make them show up in a more readable manner - the same way it's done with for example the Hands (abbreviated) stat.
I've made capped stats of almost all stats that shows a percentage to make them show 99 in stead of 100% when they are in fact 100% and to show 0x (like 07 instead of 7) so all my numbers are exactly two digits long to make som nice readable HUDs instead of these skewed, ugly HUDs you get when you just pour in the default stats. This way you can make your stats look a lot more professional.

My latest project is to make use of the transparent background to create a HUD that will sit around the players avatar on the table (a little like Jivaro) to make the best use of the space around the player at the table.

Let me know if you are interested in exchanging ideas etc. (send me a PM)

Anyone with an interest in these GFX options in PT4 are welcome to write me.
beninu

Postby 4StarGen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Woah, awesome work, really, gratz for that
4StarGen

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles