Filtr out regs (players >300 hands) from report

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Filtr out regs (players >300 hands) from report

Postby Silentness » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 pm

kraada wrote:You were talking about getting to the heads up portion of a tournament - change "cash" to "tourney" in that expression and that will give you hands that were dealt two handed.

I HAVEN'T asked how to filter HU hands in this thread NOT once.

kraada wrote:SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, tourney_cache tc where thps.id_player = tc.id_player group by thps.id_hand, tc.id_player having sum(tc.cnt_hands) < 300

You're telling there isn't way to do it from PT4?

kraada wrote:Since you're then trying to look only at heads up play you can just use NOT(Player is Hero) from simple filters and see only opponent data.

I don't understand this sentence. What do you mean?
Silentness

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:36 pm

This is your very first post:

Silentness wrote:When I'm filtering for example open push on 9-11BB in HU to see what's population shoving, but I I don't want to get misleading

I think that is where we got the heads up portion from.

The code goes into the Filter Expression area within a PT4 custom report. The PT4 Global Filters don't have filters for player types and these kinds of filters must be done in the filter expression area.

When you create a custom report that isn't filtered on active player (in the Filter Expressions) area it gets data from all play in the database, which is close to what you want. You want to exclude your data to look at only opponents first, so the easiest way to do that is click the blue Filters link go into Simple Filters, turn on Hand Details -> Player is Hero. Click Add to Filter Expression, click on Player is Hero and click the Not Selected button. It will change to Not(Player is Hero). That will remove all of your data and you'll be looking at exclusively opponent data.
kraada

Postby Silentness » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 am

I just described filter I'm already using. Haven't ask how to create it (any question mark in this sentence? ;)). But still 3 people are say me how to set filter to filtr HU hands. Why?

Btw. The assumption that I don't know how to do so basic staff is simply offensive.

The same when someone is saying me how to use filter ">300 hands". Ok. I have this in the title of this topic, but if someone read this topic, he will understand that I want to filter out(!) regs with that more than 300 hands, so should at least say that I need to use filter "<= 300". However this is still offensive, because it should be obvious that I know how to use that basic filter and I'm asking about something else. That's why I attached screenshot to show what I exactly mean and what I want to achieve.

Thank you that you are one who understand what I mean. Well you are saying how to change cash to turney or filter HU too ... but at least understand rest portion of my post :D

I tried use code in Filter Expression area within a PT4 custom report, but PT4 said that "Expression isn't valid".

When I check it from "pgAdmin" level it was valid, so I thought that you're saying the only way to use it is to export selected hands (selected thanks you your code) from database from pgAdmin level, import it to new database and then do what I want to do. Unfortunately I'm not that advanced in SQL.

Can you show me in screenshot where you're using this code?

kraada wrote:When you create a custom report that isn't filtered on active player (in the Filter Expressions) area it gets data from all play in the database, which is close to what you want. You want to exclude your data to look at only opponents first, so the easiest way to do that is click the blue Filters link go into Simple Filters, turn on Hand Details -> Player is Hero. Click Add to Filter Expression, click on Player is Hero and click the Not Selected button. It will change to Not(Player is Hero). That will remove all of your data and you'll be looking at exclusively opponent data.

Check out my screenshot. I've done it already. Without that the whole thing I'm asking about wouldn't make any sense...
Silentness

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 pm

I quoted from your first post in the post directly above yours the reason I believe we thought you were looking for heads up play. Most people use "HU" to mean "heads up" or two handed play.

We don't mean to offend but we get all variety of questions on these forums, from the very basic to the very complex, and we need to make certain not just that the person who posts understands the basics, but everyone else who might find the thread as well.

It looks like I didn't copy the entire expression, it should be this:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, tourney_cache tc where thps.id_player = tc.id_player group by thps.id_hand, tc.id_player having sum(tc.cnt_hands) < 300)

That can be used in the Filter Expression area -- it validates and will return hands that had players who had less than 300 hands in the database.
kraada

Postby gahzito » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello,

I know this is a pretty old topic, but I've been trying to use this expression to filter how many hands players that I'm analysing have played. Unfortunately, it just takes forever and nothing happens. I've waited more than a day and it just keeps on "loading". Should I wait more? Should I try a better PC? Is there another way to do an All Players Report with only the guys you have 1k hand or more?

Thanks in advance!
gahzito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 am

Filters like this can generate a lot of PostgreSQL processing and take a while to complete so if you have a large database you can experiment with the filter in a smaller database to make sure it works as you expect.
Flag_Hippo

Postby gahzito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Flag,

I tried it in a very small database for hours and hours and nothing. Anyone has had success with this filter?

thx!
gahzito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:15 am

gahzito wrote:Is there another way to do an All Players Report with only the guys you have 1k hand or more?

If that's a basic 'All Players Report' you can do that with this expression filter:

Code: Select all
#Hands# >= 1000

If you have removed the 'Player' stat from the report and are doing population analysis then you can try this expression filter instead:

Code: Select all
player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( CASE WHEN (sum(cc.cnt_hands)) <> 0 THEN (sum(cc.cnt_hands)) ELSE 0 END >= 1000)))

Substitute 'cash' with 'tourney' if you are in a tournament report.
Flag_Hippo

Postby gahzito » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:46 am

Hello Flag,

Thanks a lot for your help until now. Unfortunately, same thing happened with the second code. Loading, Loading and nothing.

I picked a very small sample size, the hands I had played in one day, and it still returned nothing.

Have you ever tried this code? How long does it take for you, for instance, to filter the guys that have 50hands or more in the last session played (something in those lines)?

Maybe there's a problem with my PT or I need to rebuild the cache of my PostgreSQL?

When I use the filter "#Hands# > 50" it works really fast, but as you know that is not what I want.

Gotta find a way to filter these regs!!
gahzito

Postby potamito » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:09 pm

For me personally i use these filters to filter in just the good/solid regs on my games...

#Hands# and/or #Tournaments#
#VPIP#
#PFR#
#All-In Equity Adjusted BB/100#
potamito

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles