Bet flop Limp

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Bet flop Limp

Postby aramalho » Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi there, first I'd like to apologize making so many questions in a short period of time. I tried to gather as much information available in order to make the life easier for you guys!

What I want is a Sb bet flop on ( Open Limped Pots) there is a stat for limped pots, but I'm looking for a open limped pot, so it would be like ''cbet after open limping sb''

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

I know this is incomplete,

LEt me know what should I add!

Thank you, António!
aramalho

Re: Bet flop Limp

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 05, 2015 3:06 am

That looks pretty good - it should count the situation you're interested in. Why do you think it needs something else?
WhiteRider

Postby aramalho » Mon May 18, 2015 3:19 pm

I believe there's two conditions missing
Small blind open limped! ( while here it's assuming general limping?
I want to add condition that is exactly small blind who limped, so it makes reports life effective :)

this where we're at, how should I write those cond?

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

Thank you!
aramalho

Postby kraada » Mon May 18, 2015 3:50 pm

You don't need an addition to make a stat for the SB only, justchange the Position item property to Small Blind in the Hud Editor and you'll get SB data.
kraada

Postby aramalho » Mon May 18, 2015 6:16 pm

kraada wrote:You don't need an addition to make a stat for the SB only, justchange the Position item property to Small Blind in the Hud Editor and you'll get SB data.

ok but one condition missing then?:

Small blind open limped

cheers
aramalho

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 am

Your columns already test for open limping - just add the stat to the Hud and set the "Position" property to the SB position.
WhiteRider

Postby potamito » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:12 am

I also have a issue with the buid in Bet Flop (Limped Pot) stat as i believe it could be written in a better way to really isolate the situation the players would like in that stat as im guessing is the % of the time the active player open limped preflop and made a "continuation bet" on the flop even tho you guys have stated several times in these type of threads (limped pots) that since there wasnt a preflop raise there shouldnt be a cbet but you guys also take open limping as an aggressive action in your "tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p" expression" so personall i take aggression action any action that opens the pot preflop oh and also, limping is also a type of bet.

This is how i build my Flop Cbet (Limped Pot). What im loking to isolate? The % of the time the active player open limped preflop and made a bet on the flop.

Flop Cbet (Limped Pots) is define as (cnt_f_bet_limped_pot_spins / cnt_f_bet_limped_pot_opp_spins) * 100. where...

cnt_f_cbet_limped_pot
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet,1,0])

cnt_f_cbet_limped_pot_opp
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp,1,0])

I think by adding the "tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp" replaces better the "and NOT(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0" part of your build in Flop Bet (Limped Pot) statistic as if the active player had the opportunity to open the pot he wasnt facing any action before his. Thoughts?
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:15 am

potamito wrote:but you guys also take open limping as an aggressive action in your "tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p" expression" so personall i take aggression action any action that opens the pot preflop oh and also, limping is also a type of bet.

A limp is not considered as an aggressive action for the purposes of the aggressors string and it is just a call of the BB. A limp is only considered part of the the tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p string.
potamito wrote:I think by adding the "tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp" replaces better and NOT(tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) and tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0" part of your build in Flop Bet (Limped Pot) statistic as if the active player had the opportunity to open the pot he wasnt facing any action before his.

The built in stat is not specifically for open limpers but if you want to specify that you can. Also if you don't test for (NOT) facing a raise or making a raise then you won't be filtering out hands where the player open limped/called a preflop raise or open limped/reraised.
Flag_Hippo

Postby potamito » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:...if you don't test for (NOT) facing a raise or making a raise then you won't be filtering out hands where the player open limped/called a preflop raise or open limped/reraised.

I dont need to to isolate all those situation that happens AFTER the active player open limps that something to take into account for other "limp pot" type of custom statistics but for this im just intrested in the time active player decide it to open limp and make a bet on the flop as the preflop open limper.
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 am

potamito wrote:This is how i build my Flop Cbet (Limped Pot).

Since you originally specified limped pot that is what I thought you were after. A limped pot is one where there was no preflop raise so this is why the default stat is built in that way. If you want to include all open limps -> bet flops regardless of other preflop actions then what you posted above is fine for that.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles