Top Pair Or Better or Worse

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Top Pair Or Better or Worse

Postby murmanman » Tue May 19, 2015 6:03 am

Hi.

I know top pair is:

cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_r_hand_strength =3

How to make code:
a) Top pair or better. Top pair >= Better. ( top pair, 2 pair, fullhouse etc.)
b) Worse than top pair (2nd pair, high card etc....)

'Please help me or give me some ideas :roll: :roll: :roll:
murmanman

Re: Top Pair Or Better or Worse

Postby kraada » Tue May 19, 2015 7:45 am

The easiest way to make top pair or better is to eliminate everything less than top pair. Namely:
not(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_x_highcard) and not(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_x_1pair and (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_x_hand_strength < 3 OR cash_hand_player_combinations.id_x_hand_strength between 4 and 5))

This says you don't have a high card hand on street x (fill in x with f, t or r depending on the street you want) and you don't have a 1 pair hand that's less than top pair.

You'll want to make sure the player saw showdown so we know his hand strength, also.

To make worse than top pair, simply remove the NOT()s from the above but keep the ()s around the second piece and change the and to OR that combines them.
kraada

Postby murmanman » Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 am

Thank you kraada.

"To make worse than top pair"
I need to change this AND or in the next part?

(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_x_highcard) and (change to OR) (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_x_1pair and (cash_hand_player_combinations.id_x_hand_strength < 3 OR cash_hand_player_combinations.id_x_hand_strength between 4 and 5))
murmanman

Postby kraada » Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 am

Yes, you have worse than top pair if you either have a high card or you have one pair with those particular hand strengths.
kraada

Postby kreskk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:54 am

Hello there, I see that post is a bit out of date but looking to get something similar like:

call 3rd barrel with 2nd pair or worst
or
raise 3rd pair or worst OTR

anyone can help me with such a stat? :D
kreskk

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:50 pm

kreskk wrote:call 3rd barrel with 2nd pair or worst

2nd pair or worst on the river looks like this:

Code: Select all
(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_r_hand_strength < 3) OR (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard)

kreskk wrote:raise 3rd pair or worst OTR

3rd pair or worst on the river looks looks like this:

Code: Select all
(cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_1pair AND cash_hand_player_combinations.id_r_hand_strength < 2) OR (cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard)

This post lists all the id_x_hand_strength values and you can combine the code above with existing columns to create custom statistics for calling river CBets or raising rivers with a specific hand strength. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles