Hands of history missing

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Hands of history missing

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:50 am

I'm not sure what the question is here, sorry. Can you try to reword it please?
WhiteRider

Postby rubencash » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for the Forum that some users have a data base that weighs more than 100 GB.

You is the most optimal or it would be best to create 5 databases of 20GB?
(assuming it's the same pc)

Features: Windows 10 64bits, i7, 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM y 250GB SSD exclusive for Postgres.

1)
Do you recommend I have only 1 database?
2)
How much free space would no longer in the SSD?
3)
I can create other databases outside the disk SSD but to work together? How do you do it? Does it affect much performance?

Thank you.
rubencash

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:12 am

1. If you want to review/analyse all of your data in PokerTracker 4 reports then you would need to use one database - only the HUD can read from multiple databases. The advantage of multiple databases is that they are easier to manage if you have to do some housekeeping at some point and you delete databases you don't need anymore without having to purge hands from one big database or starting a new database and reimporting hands.

2. I am not sure what you mean but it is ideal to have as much free space as the size of your largest database, although for most operations that much isn't really necessary but it will be required for things like cache rebuilds.

3. Performance depends on many factors and I couldn't comment on that but to create databases on another disk you will need refer to this post in a different thread of yours. If you create databases on another drive then you can still have the HUD read from those database(s).
Flag_Hippo

Postby rubencash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:11 pm

1)
Does that mean that it is more effective for HUD to have 1 DB of 130 GB?

2)
I have an error in PT4, as you can see in the screenshot, they are not hands aunk can do Click-Right and view the drop-down. The sidebar also shows that there are hands down.

The same error occurs in other parts of the program, maybe you know that corrupted file should be replaced. Thanks
Attachments
Captura PT4.png
rubencash

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 pm

1) As far as retrieving data for the HUD it will likely be a little slower using multiple databases, but as long as you're using cached stats then it may not be much of an issue at all.

2) Right clicking the empty report and select "Configure Report". In the window that appears, click "Restore to Default" and click "OK" and that should fix things.
Flag_Hippo

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles