Difference between bet and open

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Difference between bet and open

Postby oldgold » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Is there any practical difference between flg_f_bet and flg_f_open? What would constitute a bet if it's not an opening bet for that street? Are they really equivalent? It wouldn't seem that "bet" would include calls and raises (I hope not because I'm sure I've used bet assuming it really is an opening bet). I thought I'd be able to find the answer by searching, but I don't see it addressed directly and I see examples where people use flg_f_open and flg_f_bet (and even flg_f_open_opp) in the same column, which seems redundant It's pretty clear that open_opp isn't needed in the same column as open (although I understand it may be needed in the opportunity column, but not in the same column).
oldgold

Re: Difference between bet and open

Postby potamito » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 am

as far as i know they mean the same perhaps there´s some slightly theoretical difference between them but at the end they show the same, a flop bet is the first bet in that street so flg_f_open tracks the same.
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 am

Yes if flg_f_bet is true then flg_f_open is also true and therefore redundant if it is also included in the same expression.
Flag_Hippo

Postby oldgold » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:52 am

OK. Thanks much. That's reassuring because that's how I've always used "bet", but then I was concerned there was perhaps some difference I didn't factor in.
oldgold

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles