3bet BBvSB 3handed

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

3bet BBvSB 3handed

Postby Chamie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Sup guys?

So today I wanna make a 3bet blind vs blind stat for 3bs and nai. So for 3bs I want any sizing that is greater than 40% of the effective stack sizes to count as a 3bet shove while anything lower than 40% is a 3bet nai. additionally I want it the stat to only count vs sizings that are 4.5x or lower. The stats should also be for diff stack sizes so I need to know how to decide the effective stack size of the small blind and the big blind.
Last of all its very important that the stat only counts for blind vs blind meaning if its 3handed the button must have folded pre.
How do I write this code? PS: I have experience with making more simple stats in the past just that this one is a bit more complicated so just the code of one of the columns and its counter column should be enough as explaination.
Chamie

Re: 3bet BBvSB 3handed

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.

Chamie wrote:So today I wanna make a 3bet blind vs blind stat for 3bs and nai. So for 3bs I want any sizing that is greater than 40% of the effective stack sizes to count as a 3bet shove while anything lower than 40% is a 3bet nai. additionally I want it the stat to only count vs sizings that are 4.5x or lower. The stats should also be for diff stack sizes so I need to know how to decide the effective stack size of the small blind and the big blind.

The effective stack for each player is determined at their first action in the hand and it's the amount you could lose in a pot as of your first action in the hand. Therefore if the BTN folds then the effective stack size will be whichever of the two stack sizes (SB or BB) is smaller. Effective stack sizes preflop are in stored in tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack and to test for the size of the 2bet faced you can use tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing.

Chamie wrote:Last of all its very important that the stat only counts for blind vs blind meaning if its 3handed the button must have folded pre.

You can test for a button fold with tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%'. See this post for more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Chamie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Ok so I got some questions. How do I make PT4 understand that I mean effective stack in big blinds so if I wanna make effective stack to be 17-30 big blinds for instance? Second question, how do I decide the sizing of the 3bet? and same with how I write to make it understand that the sizing of the 2bet should be in big blinds?
Chamie

Postby potamito » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 am

How do I make PT4 understand that I mean effective stack in big blinds so if I wanna make effective stack to be 17-30 big blinds for instance?[/code]
Code: Select all
(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb)

Second question, how do I decide the sizing of the 3bet?

We need to define the size of the open raise in order to determine an appropiate 3bet sizing, like for instance, open raises are normally between 2x and 3x and 3bets are normally between 2.5x and 3x so...

(tourney_hand_player_ statistics_amt_p_raise_facing / made / tourney_limit.amt_bb) between 5bb and 9bb

and same with how I write to make it understand that the sizing of the 2bet should be in big blinds?

(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing / tourney_blinds.amt_bb)
potamito

Postby Chamie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks potamito. Getting the effective stack size to work but not the 3b sizings and bet sizings. Could you write a code example explaining that please?
Chamie

Postby potamito » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:18 am

So for 3bs I want any sizing that is greater than 40% of the effective stack sizes to count as a 3bet shove while anything lower than 40% is a 3bet nai.

For 3bets sizes bigger than 40% of the effective stack...
tourney_hand_player_ statistics_amt_p_raise_made >= (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * 0.40)

For 3bets sizes lower than 40% of the active player effective stack...

tourney_hand_player_ statistics_amt_p_raise_made <= (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack * 0.40)

additionally I want it the stat to only count vs sizings that are 4.5x or lower.

For active players bet sizings in BBs just use this...

(tourney_hand_player_ statistics_amt_p_raise_made  / tourney_limit.amt_bb) <= 4.5

And for when active player is facing a bet also in terms of BBs use this...

(tourney_hand_player_ statistics_amt_p_raise_facing / tourney_limit.amt_bb) <= 4.5
potamito

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles