Basic understanding of columns

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Basic understanding of columns

Postby chronictilter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi!

I have tried to implement a few different columns but haven't been too succesful...

If I would implement a columns how often OOP folds to a cbet I would write this as:

All the columns is for HU fyi.

Code: Select all
sum (if[[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_fold]^1 AND [lookup_actions_p.action = 'BC']^2 AND [lookup_actions_f.action = 'B']^3 AND not([cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position]^4), 1, 0])

where:
^1 = the condition I want to count (i.e When the OOP folds)
^2 = the previous action from preflop where IP Bets and OOP calls.
^3 = the action from flop where IP bets again (i.e cbet)
^4 = only get the stats from OOP

Is it correct? Or do I miss out on something here?

I don't really understand the logic behind the 'lookup_actions' function. Does it register all the previous action from preflop, flop... depending on what you put in. Or does it register action from a specific player (in this case OOP or IP).

And another question:
How does the code differ if I want to have a column that counts the amount of times that IP bets or if OOP folds to that bet in the same situaton.

Is there some dummy guide about this or something else that can help?

Thanks in advance!
chronictilter

Re: Basic understanding of columns

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:34 am

chronictilter wrote:If I would implement a columns how often OOP folds to a cbet I would write this as:

chronictilter wrote:All the columns is for HU fyi.

You can just duplicate one of the built in 'Fold To F Cbet' stats and edit that for being OOP and HU.

chronictilter wrote:where:
^1 = the condition I want to count (i.e When the OOP folds)
^2 = the previous action from preflop where IP Bets and OOP calls.
^3 = the action from flop where IP bets again (i.e cbet)
^4 = only get the stats from OOP

1. The flop fold flag means that the player folded on the flop but that won't necessarily be with their first action so if they donk and fold to a raise it could be counted (depending on the rest of the expression).

2 & 3. You cannot use 'B' since you cannot bet preflop - the only possible preflop actions are raise, call, fold and check (if you have the option in the BB). Also the actions are specific to the player you are writing the stat for so lookup_actions_f.action = 'B' wouldn't work from the perspective of the OOP player.

4. OK.

chronictilter wrote:Is there some dummy guide about this or something else that can help?

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles