Custom stats: Kelly Criterion and negative Rake

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom stats: Kelly Criterion and negative Rake

Postby Hornagold » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 am

Hello,

I would like to add a few custom stats to PT4 which I'd like to include in reports columns and graphs. I saw that via the Configure/Statistics menu item. I made a try but didn't succeed. Also, I didn't find documentation about the syntax of the formulas and database queries.

First, I'd like to add a negative rake (contributed) curve onto the CG graphs, which would correspond to the missing 'Substract Results' option (opposite of the 'Sum Results' option) of the 'Configure Graph Display Stats' dialog. Adding this option could also be considered a feature request. In order to do that, I add a negative rake stat which I setup to be summed.

Also, I'd like to add some the Kelly Criterion stats to manage tournament bankrolls (http://www.sitandgoplanet.com/sitandgo/sng_bankroll/Kelly_Criterion.html). Especially:
  • f* = ROI * ITM / (ROI + 1 - ITM) (which is % of BR that could be bought-in); and
  • Buy-In / f* (which is the required bankroll amount for that buy-in based on ITM% and ROI%).

Notes:
  • It would be nice that the f* and BI/f* would be summed-up in the summary bottom-line of reports
  • Maybe it would be useful to be able to graph these stats

Could someone, please, tell me how (PT4 formulas and settings) to do that?
Hornagold

Re: Custom stats: Kelly Criterion and negative Rake

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:22 am

See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Hornagold » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 am

Thank you for your help. I succeeded to add the f* and BI/f* statistics to PT4.

Yet, is there a way to store the formula to some function, variable, alias or whatever so that I can write f* and BI/f* using ROI and ITM instead of copy pasting the whole formulas?
Hornagold

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:28 pm

No but you can copy existing statistics/columns using the 'Duplicate' button.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Hornagold » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 am

Sure, this is what I did. Thanks ;-)
Hornagold

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles