evROI SPIN & GO stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

evROI SPIN & GO stat

Postby dave2085 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Hey Guys,
this is maybe an annoying question, but i hope someone can help me out.

I just imported that stat "evROI SPIN & GO" to my Pokertracker...

this is the formula;
(((amt_expected_won / cnt_tourneys) + 500) / 1500 * ((1 - (amt_fee / (amt_buyin + amt_fee))) * 3) - 1) * 100

now it shows me in my Pokertracker for my 417 games (only Spins) tracked an evROI% of 5.95

... because I want to understand, what I am using their... I tried to manually calculate it.

this is the formula and explanation I used for manually calculating;
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showp ... tcount=789

after I did this, It showed me a different number; ~6,9 %

When I calculated this, I used for rake calculation 6% (should be fine) and I used (not sure about this) the "All-In Equity Adjusted" 28594 ((net expected chips won) how many chips i expected to win overall and divided this with my overallgames (417)) => ~68,6 chips won per game, is this correct or did I use a "wrong" ev chips won per game calculation!?
dave2085

Re: evROI SPIN & GO stat

Postby dave2085 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:17 am

today i found this, when i reviewed my Session from yesterday:
http://imgur.com/a/vIP5n

is think there has to be something wrong with the evROI % Stat published here on pt4!?

In the picture it shows 8.82% on the top and on the bottom line it shows 8.1%, i mean why should there be any differnce? (I didnt use any filters, and I only played the 15$ spins yesterday)
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:02 pm

dev209 wrote:When I calculated this, I used for rake calculation 6% (should be fine)

What stakes are in that sample? Is that exclusively $15 spins?
dev209 wrote:In the picture it shows 8.82% on the top and on the bottom line it shows 8.1%, i mean why should there be any differnce?

I am not sure what's causing the difference on the summary line so I will check on that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dave2085 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
dev209 wrote:When I calculated this, I used for rake calculation 6% (should be fine)

dev209 wrote:In the picture it shows 8.82% on the top and on the bottom line it shows 8.1%, i mean why should there be any differnce?

I am not sure what's causing the difference on the summary line so I will check on that.

to the 1st question, you are right. it was not exclusively $15 Spins, so their might be a problem! I will recalculate it.

thanks for checking that!
dave2085

Postby dave2085 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:53 pm

dev209 wrote:
Flag_Hippo wrote:

to the 1st question, you are right. it was not exclusively $15 Spins, so their might be a problem! I will recalculate it.

thanks for checking that!

EDIT to 1st question; I was wrong, when I made the calcualtion I calculated only with 15$ Spins (417 Games..)!
=> so this wont explain it, I think there is something wrong with the stat...
dave2085

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:24 am

That expression refers to the buy-in and fee so won't work across multiple tournaments (where you can have different buyins) - it will only work for tournaments showing individual tournaments.

If you want to see this value across all tournaments you will need to make a new version which does the calculation in a column (ie. for an individual tournaments) and sums the results. Take a look at how the built-in 'adjusted' stats are built; for example 'ROI Adjusted' is a similar type of calculation.
WhiteRider

Postby dave2085 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 am

I think I detailed the problem.
On this Screenshot http://imgur.com/a/vIP5n, I see two different numbers (its not a huge gap), which should be the same.
As Whitrerider said, I cant use this stat across multiple tournaments. This makes sense to me and got this for the future...
... but as you can see in the Screenshot, I used it only with 15$ SPins and I get two different numbers (8.1 and 8.82) for the same calculation!? I mean of course its an ev claculation and its super hard to get a good approximation at all at Spins....
I just think that this stat is not telling what it is intended to do. And I don't have the skills to solve that... Obviously its an approximation... and mabye the stat shows roughly the number, but it makes me curious why there are two different numbers, from only one limit.

@whitrerider thanks for you explanation but I am not fit enough to program an other version of the stat.
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:57 am

Using a single buyin value across multiple tournaments won't work properly so you'd need to create a new stat as WhiteRider suggested using the built-in 'adjusted' stats as a reference. You can also refer to this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby _dave_ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Bumping this because I can't figure out how to get it to work. I don't think the advice "look at ROI Adjusted and how it does it" works - It uses a precomputed total for $EV, tourney_results.amt_won_adj - which sidesteps issues with group by and aggregates when trying to do all this in a column. As far as I can see, there isn't a pre-summed per-tournament column for chips_won_adjusted.

So, tips?
_dave_

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 am

Actually that is difficult because it needs to combine information from tournament results and from hands, and across all hands/tournaments there isn't a simple way to retrieve the total chips (expected) for a particular tournament and associate that with the results for the tournament. Reports which group by tournament do this grouping for us, so the expression will work there but I can't see how to do it for a report showing multiple tournaments.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles